Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Police at my door at 5:30 this morning!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

He had my son Austin in his SUV, He said he had found him in the mall parking lot wondering around, I said what, I was up until 2:30 this morning doing homework, and everyone was in bed when I locked the door. He told me Austin said he was jogging, He can't jog, 3 weeks ago Austin had pull his ligaments in his hip and he knows that he will not be able to jog for a long time. Well anyway Austin was sneaking, he was trying to jog without me knowing, and he told the officer that he was trying to push himself and he could not make it, he was trying to make it home before I got up and he had left at 5 in the morning to jog to the mall and back. When the officer came to the door he already had a curfew ticket made out, well by the time he left he ripped it up. He told Austin that he is leaving him to me to take care of him and that if he decides to leave again in the morning make sure it isn't before 7 am and after 10 pm. Austin shuck his hand and said Thank you. Oh I am still mad as hell!

by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Replies (21-25):
twinsplus2more
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 7:38 AM

First thought...glad he's OK, thank goodness the officer was lenient because I sure as heck would not be.  Grounded for a while, no friends over, no ipod, phone, game system,etc.  And back to the doctor to put the fear of what would happen IF he OVER does it with the torn ligament. 

Suzanne1925
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I feel bad that the police officer came to your door. But at least Austin was safe, and that he wasn't stealing, or vandalizing anything. So just be thankful of that..

banneyrooster
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Its good he tore the ticket up.  Or "could" for that matter.  Here once a ticket is written, its done over a computer, it cant be torn up cause its already in the system. 

Kids definately try to push theirselves to hard I can tell you that! LOL 

MeggieSwan
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Don't blame you for being mad. (Although you can secretly be thankful he wasn't out for something more nefarious!) Explain to him that if there was a fire, then everyone would think he was still in the house and someone could get very hurt (or dead) while looking for him!!  Might make him think twice about sneaking out.

debbyp64
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Why be pissed?  Laffin i have had the cops at my door many times, no point in  getting pissed, youll get an ulcer, teens are gonna  do things we never thought possible, why not be prepared for anything instead of getting all pissed off? IF i got pissed at ym kids they would hide things from me, instead they know coming to mom is prolly the best thing they can do...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)