Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your teen every deleted a comment you have made on their FB?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter (15) loves to do this...  I am guessing at least!  She is selective when she does it but as an example:  I just dropped her off at a college for a volleyball camp for 4 days.  I get home and on the computer and on my FB it showed that she posted minutes after I left that she was hanging out in her dorm room with her roommate.  I commented that it didn't take her long to post on FB.  She deleted my comment...

Was this inappropriate of me?  Are we not suppose to pick on our teens from time to time?  Or is it just her??

by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I am just careful what I post on their myspace or facebook bc I know all their friends will see it and I don't ever want to embarass them or make them feel I disrespect them in any way.  If I tease them I keep that to personal at home or when I am talking to them directly when others they might feel embarassed around arent there.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM

My dd will usually fire off something right back at me just like I do when she posts on my wall. We do pick (jokingly) back and forth like that though. I am careful not to take it too far  and gauge my joking by her attitude at the time.

Not sure, but maybe your dd took it the wrong way?

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM

LOL, no it didn't take her long.  Maybe she was just settling in.  She prob took it the wrong way, or just wanted a reaction from you.  I'm the same with pp's.   

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 18, 2010 at 6:16 PM
I don't comment and rarely read my 16 year olds. I am and haven't ever been friends with my 19 year old. She wouldn't agree to be my friend and I certainly don't want to.
queenanne
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 6:55 PM

this is how my kids and I are with each other.

Quoting mumsy2three:

My dd will usually fire off something right back at me just like I do when she posts on my wall. We do pick (jokingly) back and forth like that though. I am careful not to take it too far  and gauge my joking by her attitude at the time.

Not sure, but maybe your dd took it the wrong way?

amberdy
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM

My 15 y/o son does it and so does my 12 y/o dd.  They just do it when I say something embarassing.

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM
No, I will either make them get rid of it or I take the PC, but the worst I have seen is swearing.
jabs54
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM

My teen doesn't comment on my FB except to say "happy birthday" and such and I rarely comment on hers.  I think it embarrasses her.  She thinks I'm "creeping on her". 

debduran
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM
i'm lucky my son don't care what i post on his FB he will comment back.
marchar2002
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Angiebooboo:

No, I will either make them get rid of it or I take the PC, but the worst I have seen is swearing.

I don't usually go looking on her page unless something pops up on my page from her.  I try to give her her space on FB and in general.  But when it comes to swearing, my SD happen to be on FB and on my Daughters page and commented to me about the conversation.  There were 3 girls (including my daughter) calling each other names and saying some not so nice things.  I did post something concerning that this shouldn't be taking place on FB and that I was shocked with the language.  My daughter logged off (she was at her dad's) and her best friend changed some of her language used.  Otherwise, I don't say too much.  Like I previously said, unless something pops up on my page I leave hers alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)