Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your teen every deleted a comment you have made on their FB?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter (15) loves to do this...  I am guessing at least!  She is selective when she does it but as an example:  I just dropped her off at a college for a volleyball camp for 4 days.  I get home and on the computer and on my FB it showed that she posted minutes after I left that she was hanging out in her dorm room with her roommate.  I commented that it didn't take her long to post on FB.  She deleted my comment...

Was this inappropriate of me?  Are we not suppose to pick on our teens from time to time?  Or is it just her??

by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Replies (11-12):
marchar2002
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Quoting debduran:

i'm lucky my son don't care what i post on his FB he will comment back.

My son is the same way.  He is pretty laid back about it.  

My daughter is a red head and has all the attributes that comes along with the red hair.  No offense to those of you who may be a red head.  But my daughter is a true red head down to her toes!!

marchar2002
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Quoting Momof5Teens67:

I am just careful what I post on their myspace or facebook bc I know all their friends will see it and I don't ever want to embarass them or make them feel I disrespect them in any way.  If I tease them I keep that to personal at home or when I am talking to them directly when others they might feel embarassed around arent there.

I think with her I need to do the same, keep it at home!  Although her friends and I get along pretty good and they pick on me.  I am just fortunate that my kids all ask me to be friends with them.  I try to give them their space and only read what pops up on my page.  Something I find interesting is that my son's girlfriend talks to me more than any of our kids do on FB.  And again I am trying to be really careful what I say.  I can see where some people could get really pissed off on FB!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)