Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

after all we do for her... piog

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 16 yearold daughter is usually very agreeable, obedient, loving...today she had a fit about riding her bike to the video store to return a movie.  We buy her things, take her places, allow her to do things, love her, feed her, shelter her nad she says no because she has to ride a bike??? wth!  She doesnt have a license yet and her dad is sick.  I am doing a million things in the house.  What is the deal?

by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM

well there is her 2 feet god gave her. but really as her age i waled to work and school and hime all of the time. Really, she can move her tush and help you out.

Bryan (6/10/98) Johnathan (3/1/00) Kaitlyn (6/17/06)

Me between work Scouts and  family

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Yep teens become lazy, and she should ride her bike, it is good exercise
flutterbybem
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Well I think she is more concerned with it being uncool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaderica
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I would have given her a choice- take the movie back on her bike or take over all the crap I'm doing so I can do it.  My kids would take a quick glance at whatever was on my list and just go to the video store. lol

-Jaderica

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Quoting flutterbybem:

Well I think she is more concerned with it being uncool.

It must be nice to be cool or uncool. My parents made me get a job at 16 and I didnt get a chance to be cool. An option like the previous mom said is nice but I wont give my kids that chance. It would be my way or the highway. Afterall, I pay the bills, cover expenses for food and medical and all of the luxuries they want. If they want something they have to earn it in our house.

Bryan (6/10/98) Johnathan (3/1/00) Kaitlyn (6/17/06)

Me between work Scouts and  family

Shellness
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:27 AM
Well, maybe you do too much for her:) We can all be guilty of that at times. She is just spoiled I would imagine@
3Junebabies
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:32 AM

sounds like a normal teen, maybe she was embarrassed someone she knows (a boy) might see her.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Quoting 3Junebabies:

sounds like a normal teen, maybe she was embarrassed someone she knows (a boy) might see her.

This was my thought too.

Did she take the video back for you?

flutterbybem
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM
She apologized and we talked about her behavior. She realized that being embarrassed was the least concern before family needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debbyp64
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

shes 16... nuff said  i doubt there is one teen out there that doesnt throw fits about small silly things.. my good ness u people make it seem like so much work raisng the creatures..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN