Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Interesting school

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am watching a show called Baby High.  It's a high school set up for teenage moms and those who are pregnant.  The school has a daycare and a clinic on site.  These girls attend the school for all their classes as well as parenting class.  They also show one of the students is applying for college and is getting help with her essay.

What are your thoughts???? 

Personally I think it is unique alternative to ensure the girls finish high school.  I think there is a lot of potential in a program like this one. 

Rebecca...wife of Megan...Moms of six crazy kiddos...Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9).

by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momofne
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM

That is interesting. I bet the would learn alot more than in a reg school and it's great about the daycare.

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I am not so sure about that, I think just living like a normal teen would help them more, teens are teens and those teens years are very important, that way they would not have any regrates.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Do they live at the school or is it like a highschool where they go during the day and are home at night?

It sound like an interesting option for a teen mom.

jabs54
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Our high school has a daycare for kids of teens but no clinic or parenting classes.  From what my dd has witnessed some of these kids would really benefit from parenting classes.  Sounds like a great idea. 

semazani
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Do they live at the school or is it like a highschool where they go during the day and are home at night?

It sound like an interesting option for a teen mom.

It's like a regular high school....they start 7am and get out at 1:45...they go home after that.

Rebecca...wife of Megan...Moms of six crazy kiddos...Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9).

amberdy
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I think it is good for areas with high teen pregnancy rates.  I was a teen mom and luckily my mother was always a sahm and my dad had a good job, so I was able to go to school and not have to worry about daycare or paying for it.  But, if I didn't have a family like I did, I don't know how I would have done it.

MrsTT
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I think that is very intresting for them ,, it allows them to go school with other teen mom , not have to worry about daycare and take parenting classes, i think that knowing they will be able to graduate and go on in life and still be a good parent is a good thing in the end ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN