Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weekly Teens Choice Awards!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM
  • 2 Replies

It's that time again mommas!  What can we share about our teens that deserve an award?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
queenanne
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM

a couple of months ago....my 17 yr old was with some friends.  She was riding with them and didn't have her own car.  They were supposed to just be going to the beach.  Well, the driver ended up going through a forest service road to a boy scout camp where beach access would be trespassing.

my daughter texted me and told me that she didn't know exactly where she was and she was a little nervous.  Once they got where they were going, her friend's brother pulled out some stuff to smoke.  He said it wasn't pot, but it was like it.

throughout this whole time, my daughter was texting me, telling me what was going on.  We were trying to come up with a plan to come pick her up.  She was able to have one of the kids who didn't smoke anything drive her out to the highway, where my husband picked her up.

We've always told our kids that if they ever got into a situation that was uncomfortable or dangerous, to let us know and we would come get them no matter what.

She actually did it. 

MrsBLB
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:08 PM

That is awesome, you must be so proud of her.  Great job momma! 

Quoting queenanne:

a couple of months ago....my 17 yr old was with some friends.  She was riding with them and didn't have her own car.  They were supposed to just be going to the beach.  Well, the driver ended up going through a forest service road to a boy scout camp where beach access would be trespassing.

my daughter texted me and told me that she didn't know exactly where she was and she was a little nervous.  Once they got where they were going, her friend's brother pulled out some stuff to smoke.  He said it wasn't pot, but it was like it.

throughout this whole time, my daughter was texting me, telling me what was going on.  We were trying to come up with a plan to come pick her up.  She was able to have one of the kids who didn't smoke anything drive her out to the highway, where my husband picked her up.

We've always told our kids that if they ever got into a situation that was uncomfortable or dangerous, to let us know and we would come get them no matter what.

She actually did it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)