Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens BITING Twilight Style

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:33 PM
  • 33 Replies

batdracula

"Eclipse" is all the rage ... and now teens are expressing their love and devotion by biting each other and drawing blood.

Teens say that this is a way to "mark their territory" and "possess" someone; that it's a sign of "ownership."

As if that weren't scary enough, Dr. Jennifer Ashton tells "The Early Show" that biting poses some serious health risks as well.

Do your Twihard teens give or receive "love BITES"?

What do you think about it?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I just asked two of them if they ever heard of this, they said no, so my answer is no they have not done love bites. I did research on biting when my son got bit at school when he was in 5th grade and I learnt that it is more common in ages of 11 to 17 then it is with a toddler, Strange isn't it.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Yes I read a news article today that this is a NEW trend among some teens.

My kids have not done this either.

NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:05 AM

So bizarre.  My teens definitely do not do this!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:55 AM

My dd does not do this.

charlotsomtimes
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Quoting Angiebooboo:

I just asked two of them if they ever heard of this, they said no, so my answer is no they have not done love bites. I did research on biting when my son got bit at school when he was in 5th grade and I learnt that it is more common in ages of 11 to 17 then it is with a toddler, Strange isn't it.

One of my daughters friends (Bella)used to bite her all the time though *out of love or sillyness or whatever...it annoyed her to no end-especially if she did it hard (never drew blood). Bella just came to visit for a week and I guess she is over it now...she used to do it when they were like 13-14 and now they are 16

but other than that-no.

montagemom
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM
No, I haven't heard of this and I don't think my son would participate. He Would probably clock somebody if they tried, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginal966
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:50 AM

My girls seem to love the movie by skip the bite parts, thank goodness!

rosebud727
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I must have old souls for teens for daughters because neither of my girls have done or do any of some of the stuff you have posted.

Hauling

Biting

idosing

What is next? It's not like they live in a bubble but they do exhibit common sense.

SarahLizbethD
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:37 AM

just asked my daughter. she hasn't heard of it, but she isnt into this Twilight craze anyhow. She's anti-Twilight :P

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM

OK, weird!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)