Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen Trend- "Haul" Videos

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Do your teens make HAUL Videos?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

credit cardtyping

When girls get home from shopping, they no longer just give a fashion show for their immediate family. Now they create "haul videos" and upload them on YouTube.

There are more than 150,000 haul videos currently on YouTube, and some videos have tens of millions of views.

"Good Morning America" reports that some retailers are reaching out to these vloggers to partner up with them on back-to-school campaigns. JCPenney has deals with six girls to create back-to-school videos in exchange for gift cards from $250 to $1,000.

Do your teens make "haul videos"?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sheli0908
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Have to say that before your post I didn't even know what it was...thanks for enlightening me.

rosebud727
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

My daughter's are pretty reserved.

They like youtube but don't broadcast on it.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Today is the first day I heard of haul videos too.  My kids have not done it but maybe they should so they can have a chance at getting free clothes from retailers hey? LOL

The CLOSEST thing I have seen myself is I have profile and play around with fashion etc on kaboodle.com with one of my daughters and we make artistic styleboards and when I get new clothes I put them on a styleboard and share them with my kaboodle friends and they do the same thing but no one has made any haul videos on there that I have seen.

None of us got free clothes for the styleboards either.

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM

WOW, thanks again.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:09 AM

No my dd just brings her clothes home and wears them. No fashion show no videos.

jenn75
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Never heard of it but after i read your post I looked it up on youtube & I don't understand. I guess it shows my age, I just don't get it.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Never heard of them

mama_k228
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM

This is the first I've heard of this.  I don't believe DD does this--we don't buy clothes that often.  But the closest she came to this was when I took her and a friend to the mall and they tried on lots of clothes, took pics of themselves and put them on MySpace. 

I'm a little leery of her doing the youtube thing.

jabs54
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I have never heard of a Haul Video.  I asked my dd if she knows what they are and she doesn't either.  (We are sooo out of the loop, lol)

charlotsomtimes
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM

seems like an odd thing to do!

never heard of it until now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)