Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

college!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have twins who are 19. A boy and a girl. As soon as my DD turned 18 she moved out, moved in with a bunch of young people and had a blast. Threw away going to college. Broke my heart and almost put me in the looney bin:) Really I had to go on paxil for a few months! Now she is 19 1/2, is struggling, just lost her little job at the sub shop and gave me a call. She said, "Mom, I am ready now. Will you help me get in school"?

Well yes, you bet your butt I will!!!

Just wanted you to know that if there is anyone else out there dealing with this, there is hope! Prayers do get answered.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:23 AM

Hooray!  It's probably better that she experienced a little life and chose college herself . . . she'll be more motivated to succeed in school.

:)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Congrats to your dd for making the choice to go to college and congrats to you for being there for her.

montagemom
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:51 AM
Congratulations to you! We are dealing with this with my husban's 18yro son. He started and then stopped without telling anyone. Now he has been living like a pauper for the past six months and he too is ready for college again. We pray that he gets it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Yay, she's had her look at what life without a degree will look like. Now she's ready to get in there and go to work. She'll love college. It's not like HS and she'll meet some really interesting people.

Best of luck to your daughter on her wise choice!

ginal966
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I have had some of the same feelings this summer.  My son couldn't decide or wouldn't decide where or if he wanted to go to collage.  He pick the AIR force at first.  Then he went back to a community collage and looked, then he........you know where this is going.  Finally he landed in a great collage to play soccer.  I am glad they were patient with him.  Now I have gray hair and ulcers!  No, it was bad but we all  survived.  Now we are jumping thru hoops to get everything done so he can go.  I have four more children and I hope it is a little easier!

Shellness
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Quoting montagemom:

Congratulations to you! We are dealing with this with my husban's 18yro son. He started and then stopped without telling anyone. Now he has been living like a pauper for the past six months and he too is ready for college again. We pray that he gets it.

Thanks to you and everyone else. I was hoping that living like a pauper would do some good. Make them see that they don't want to struggle all of their lives. Why do they have to give us all those greys though? They are so completely self centered at that age.

MrsBLB
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Yay for her!  Yay for you being there!! 

ckap4707
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM

My DD ran away at 17 ( found out she was local, but had no contact with her), quit school, turned 18 in January and hasn't been heard from since. I know through others she is ok, but YES, it breaks my heart every day. I worry about her constantly and pray she comes around again soon. College....I want her to finish high school..GED!!!!!!

jabs54
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Yay :)   Good luck to her!

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Some teens are just to young to go to college right after school, I think they are just plain warren out from high school, I think they need a rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)