Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cell phone OFF time??

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:52 AM
  • 16 Replies

we recently put a OFF time on my 12yo cell phone. new rule is phone goes off at 10pm during summer....9pm when school starts.

at first she was like 'none of my friends have to'....&& yall know what i said. lol

she never gave me problems after her one little statement. shes really good about turning it off at 10pm.so then the other night whle picking her up from friends house, friends mother asked me about the OFF time i set. she then proceeded to ask me how i enforce it and if there was anything else i could advise her on. lol. sweet.

btw- my 12yo turns a book report into me every sunday and wrote an essay on INTEGRITY and what it means to her during he summer. =)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pferg
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:02 AM

That's cool. I may have to try that when school starts. If it doesn't work for me, I'll let Verizon do the parental phone shutoff.

Angiebooboo
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:30 AM

My kids do not have a cell.

ginal966
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:37 AM

I'll have to let my kids read this because they think theyare the only ones that have off time!  We even went so far as to go a year without cell phones!  Now that they are back I hope they can keep them.  Good for you!

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM

My kids would be off the phone but couldn't quit commit to the no texting after 9 p.m. so we added a parental control to our plan and now they have no choice.  I like the plan because I can tell the phone that they can't call during a specified time and I can add phone numbers (like my own and 911) to the exception rule.  We don't have a home phone, so this makes me feel like they have a little added security.

They don't like being locked down, but they wouldn't listen and was up texting at all hours of the evening, then not wanting to get up in the morning.

bamababe1975
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Smart idea!

cara124
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:41 AM

hmmm these are good idea's and i am going to commit to making my 15yr have an off time for her phone this school year...thanks ladys

thank you

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM

That is a great idea.

mom-1kids-3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:16 PM

My kids turn their's off  by 8 pm & put it on top of my computer hutch.  They can have it back the next morning.  Not following my rule the phone is mine for a week.

shell81
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Good for you!

~Shell~
Group Owner Of - Moms With Blended Families 
Group Owner Of - 
Tween Titans
Group Admin To - CafeMom Group Resource Center

AmyG1976
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM

i have parental controls set up  with a # of texts she can use and times of the day she can use it except to call me dh or 911  other than that the phone will not call out or text. verizon has this option I think I pay $5 for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)