Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Jeans for an extra skinny boy.

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM
  • 22 Replies

My DSS has the metabolism of a humming bird. He is too tall to wear boys clothes and too skinny to wear teen/men's jeans, at least I can't find any in the stores in my area. I had been buying him girls size 3 and 4 Long from Old Navy but that time is coming to an end. His legs are getting longer but his waist isn't getting any bigger. Anyone know where I can find pants for the extra skinny boy?

family in the vanI call our family the modern version of the Brady Bunch. We are because there are my 2(the oldest), his 2(in the middle) and our 2. The oldest is 18 and the youngest is almost 2. Some were in tag and some have an IEP and some are in-between.

by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 18, 2010 at 7:01 AM

My dd has a guy friend who is super skinny, I'm not sure where he shops but I will ask her.

shell81
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 7:34 AM

I have no clue. My middle one is VERY tiny so I am sure I will have this prob with his waist when he gets older. Good luck. 

~Shell~
Group Owner Of - Tween Titans
Group Admin To - CafeMom Group Resource Center

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 18, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I don't know what size you need but I've had to resort to buying Levis for my son, he has a tiny waist 28/29 inches but needs a 32" inseam.  They are the only brand I've found that has anythng over a 30" inseam for such a small waist.

llpalady
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 7:51 AM

My boys are tall and skinny too.  They wear rude fit jeans from Hot Topic.  They wear the 26 x 32 size.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

My dd says her friend shops at Fishbone.

my4boys2002
by Member on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I did girls jeans for my son last year, he is super skinny but likes the skinny style jeans. I'm also at a loss for this year.

Bellsbabyboys
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM

try rue 21  and im not sure where to get them but south pole also has smaller waiste jeans my son is in a 28/30

Kiter
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

belts.

My son wear  28/29 x 34...with a belt..

but they don't really make that, so he wears a 30 x 34 with a belt. And looks like a sack of potatoes. Well he did back a few years ago when all jeans were BAGGY cut. now that skinny cut is in, he looks just a little baggy.

He can still wear size 14 shorts if they are long enough, but he' 6'1". He is almost 17 and finally starting to not  be so skeletal.

He just uses belts and cinches them up.

**Kimberly**   unschooling our 3 boys (13,15,16)

rock n roll

Kiter
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Quoting llpalady:

My boys are tall and skinny too.  They wear rude fit jeans from Hot Topic.  They wear the 26 x 32 size.

I'll have to check there. if they have 26x32 maybe they'll have 28x34...or 36..... How long do boys keep getting taller?

**Kimberly**   unschooling our 3 boys (13,15,16)

rock n roll

billssweety
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I have found the true Wrangler jeans run on the skinny side.  Though my boy is only 9 and in a size 6, but I have found those fit his skinny little legs best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)