Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Jeans for an extra skinny boy.

Posted by   + Show Post

My DSS has the metabolism of a humming bird. He is too tall to wear boys clothes and too skinny to wear teen/men's jeans, at least I can't find any in the stores in my area. I had been buying him girls size 3 and 4 Long from Old Navy but that time is coming to an end. His legs are getting longer but his waist isn't getting any bigger. Anyone know where I can find pants for the extra skinny boy?

family in the vanI call our family the modern version of the Brady Bunch. We are because there are my 2(the oldest), his 2(in the middle) and our 2. The oldest is 18 and the youngest is almost 2. Some were in tag and some have an IEP and some are in-between.

by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
llpalady
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Bottoms/Rude.jsp

you can go there and view all the sizes and stuff.  They are all on sale for $20 right now.

Quoting Kiter:

Quoting llpalady:

My boys are tall and skinny too.  They wear rude fit jeans from Hot Topic.  They wear the 26 x 32 size.

I'll have to check there. if they have 26x32 maybe they'll have 28x34...or 36..... How long do boys keep getting taller?

Custom Props and Accessories

There is always a sale on my etsy premade items

Store        My Flickr       Etsy

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I feel your pain, my second oldest boy is such an odd shape, he is skinny in the waist but rather well built and buying him jeans has always caused so much stress. As one mom suggested Levi's, but where I live they are hard to come buy. He wears a 30x32/34 and this year if I was anywhere I looked for that size and if I found them I bought them. I managed to get lucky and found 5 pairs, it felt like I hit the lottery LOL.

Good luck and just keep hunting, I have also found that a lot of time I can find them at second hand stores...but those are also hit and miss.

Kiter
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Have you tried looking online?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I feel your pain, my second oldest boy is such an odd shape, he is skinny in the waist but rather well built and buying him jeans has always caused so much stress. As one mom suggested Levi's, but where I live they are hard to come buy. He wears a 30x32/34 and this year if I was anywhere I looked for that size and if I found them I bought them. I managed to get lucky and found 5 pairs, it felt like I hit the lottery LOL.

Good luck and just keep hunting, I have also found that a lot of time I can find them at second hand stores...but those are also hit and miss.

**Kimberly**   unschooling our 3 boys (13,15,16)

rock n roll

amberdani
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Thank you for the input. The Rude seems to be it. 26 x 34. I've already been letting him have extra big portions at meal time and snacks. I have been so desperate that I have to admit I've been giving the kid extra treats.thank you

Angiebooboo
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I never had that problem with my boys, they always filled their pants in, they are healthy.

softmelody
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM

My son is VERY HEALTHY, thank you..... But I've had very good luck at Wal Mart for 29x34's  in a few brands... and he's only 12!!! so that means he's shooting up at a tremendous rate right now (four inches just over the Summer, I swear)... He tries a 30 from time to time now.. with a BELT.... but he's not above wearing "classic" styled suspenders as well. Big sister encourages her brothers to be style setters whenever possible. LOL

MrsBLB
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 8:24 PM

My twin boys wear 28x36.  I can usually find Wranglers at Walmart for a decent price.  I get them the regular fit.   

dodgeboyzmom
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM

My son like the rude fit jeans at Hot Topic. He also wears a belt if the waist is too big. Hope that helps!

Mom1ntriplets
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I am new and just saw your post because I am having th esame issue. Myone son loves the skinny jeans from Hot topic while his triplet brother can't stand them. We are ordering Arizona jeans from JcPenny today to see if those will work. JCPenny does sell 26 waist with 32 and 34 inseam in Arizona brand. Let me know what you have found over the past 3 years. Thanks

sahlady
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I started buying my son Van's jeans.  I didnt even know they sold jeans but when I found them I bought a couple pair.... they fit GREAT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN