Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Jeans for an extra skinny boy.

Posted by   + Show Post

My DSS has the metabolism of a humming bird. He is too tall to wear boys clothes and too skinny to wear teen/men's jeans, at least I can't find any in the stores in my area. I had been buying him girls size 3 and 4 Long from Old Navy but that time is coming to an end. His legs are getting longer but his waist isn't getting any bigger. Anyone know where I can find pants for the extra skinny boy?

family in the vanI call our family the modern version of the Brady Bunch. We are because there are my 2(the oldest), his 2(in the middle) and our 2. The oldest is 18 and the youngest is almost 2. Some were in tag and some have an IEP and some are in-between.

by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM
Replies (21-27):
suesues
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM

try jc penny and sears online my son was 32/ 36or 38 lenght was not easy to find 

lovemercygrace
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Quoting Kiter:

belts.

My son wear  28/29 x 34...with a belt..

but they don't really make that, so he wears a 30 x 34 with a belt. And looks like a sack of potatoes. Well he did back a few years ago when all jeans were BAGGY cut. now that skinny cut is in, he looks just a little baggy.

He can still wear size 14 shorts if they are long enough, but he' 6'1". He is almost 17 and finally starting to not  be so skeletal.

He just uses belts and cinches them up.

This, and My son is the same way. And he is 15 almost 16.

MurphyGirl100
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM

My 12 year old son has same issue. He is 5 foot 6 inches , weighs 106 pounds and pants are a nightmare. Have had great sucess with GAP jeans/pants. He has worn a 14 to 16 slim this past school year, Moved him into 16 regular in their slim (not skinny) cuts. They go up to size 18 so we should be good for another school year. If only shoes were as easy. Wears a men's 13 and they don't make 13.5...will have to wait and have him wear extra thick socks I guess.

momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Try Arizona Jeans at JCP, as I recall all they seemed to have was slim style jeans.

Maime13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Lee Modern Series, Straight Leg, Straight Fit. I bought those on mega sale over Christmas they have been one of the few pairs of jeans that my oldest can wear without looking like he is swimming in them. They are very narrow so it looks like he actually has a bum instead of a droopy diaper bottom.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:01 AM
We had good luck at the vans store
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Same problem with my son!!  I believe that levi's makes a "slim" fit.  My son is also very tall, he's 6'2", but he wears a 29/30 waist with a 34 length, hard to find lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN