• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Purple stripes in her hair??????

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM
  • 56 Replies

has your child ever came home with strange colors in her hair??????????

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elle31106
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I have boys, so no, but I think it's fun, when their female friends do things like that.

charlotsomtimes
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I was the one doing it and now my daughter :)

I have NO problem with colorful hair-though I'm not big on green or yellow!

my daughter had blue, purple and pink (at the same time)and it was gorgeous! I have had black with blue chunks, purple chunks, red chunks...now it's burgundy with black ones(it doesn't require bleach that way so it's easier upkeep)

I went to cosmetology school -so I did mine and now I do hers :)

* I don't understand people who get all uppity about hair color! It's fun and if I could I would still have black with blue or purple chunks!

llpalady
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM

both my sons have asked me to put colors in thier hair.  They have had red, blue, pink, and purple.

juliX4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:26 AM
No they havent and I probably wouldnt approve. No judgements. I also dont let my girls highlight, lowlight or color thier hair natural colors. Mostly just bc upkeep is pricey and I have 3 teen girls. Make up and tampons alone are killing
me!! I cant even imagine hair coloring! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM

My 16 y/o won't do anything to his hair (his choice) because it is blond and the ladies love it, LOL.  My 12 y/o dd has never come home with different colored hair, but I have put different colors in her hair myself.

lovingmy3babies
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM

My dd had pink hair once when she was 11 years old. It is against school dress code here. She got away with it at school for a short time because the teacher gave her extra credit for showing an example of chemical change. lol. I don't have a problem with it but she could only color it during the summer now.

MichelleMc
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I would hope he would never come home with any type of dyed hair without my knowledge. But no he has never wanted that. We have had colored Gel, that we used on certain occasions, but that is about it.

Michelle Proud Mom of an Only Child By Choice Jonathan

Proud Teenager, Eagle Ranked Boy Scout, Venture Scout, USPSA Shooting & Scottish Drummer Parent!     Proud Navy Submarine Vets Wife! 

Stefono
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Atleast it's just a couple streaks, and not her whole head!lol

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM

No

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM

NO, they know it would be unexceptable.  Thank goodness they never have, well, other than the fake washable hair spray they put in their hair when the school goes to the state finals in football. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)