Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Importing Digital Pics to Computer Problem - HELP!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

paparazzitypingshooting photo

I really need advice asap!

1. For some reason on our laptops if we plug our digital cameras in to import pics, NOTHING pops up so we can click to import them, nothing happens. We don't have a pic program on them I guess and I dont know what I should have (cheap or free just to be able to import and save and email pics is all I need).

2. On the kids desktop it DID work if we put the memory card in at FIRST but now it says the trial is up that apparently just came with the computer BUT to order it, its $69 and its based in the U.K. and I would rather not use my card for out of country transactions. (also I really only need basic free or cheap if anyone knows of any?)

I would prefer it be something I can download free or reasonably priced online from this country.

It is very important that when I plug in the memory card or cord that it will automatically pop up so I can click to import.

HELP???? THANK YOU

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM

bump

shell81
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Good luck. Something popped up with mine for me to install and it was free so IDK what to tell you.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM

what is the name of yours shell?  the pop up thing?

Quoting shell81:

Good luck. Something popped up with mine for me to install and it was free so IDK what to tell you.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM

My camera is a Kodak Easyshare z series and it came with a disk too but it was for kodak easyshares site and after about a month of using it then they said to keep importing and saving my pictures I would have to start to pay a MONTHLY FEE!!! I was pissed.

I wouldnt mind paying a one time fee but sheesh

specialwingz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Funny you should post this at this time.  I have a Canon PowerShot Digital Elph.  It has been working just fine when I plug it in with the cord.  That is until this past couple of weeks.  Right now, it won't pop up anything to allow me to import my pics.  However, when I put the SD memory card in the slot, it does.  I have windows 7 and I SWEAR it must have something to do with an update.  Every update seems to affect something that works just fine!  AAAAARGH!

Nikobaby2010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Does your camera have a usb device?  Usually if you plug that in first, then turn the camera on - you have to turn it to a different mode than you do for taking pictures - it will automatically pop up to import the pics.  Also, there should be something in the lower right hand corner that lets you know that new hardware has been installed (camera).  I work in IT so I am pretty good with this.  I hope this helps.

MistyandZoesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Several "easy" options

1. If using a card reader or if you have a bult in card-reader on your laption then your USB slot/reader is mapped as a drive.  If you are running any version of Windows simply right click on start, choose explore and then navigate to that drive. 

2. Dowload the software for your camera from the website of the manufacturer to each machine you will use and then link with the USB cord and something should pop up.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

dancing YAYYYYYY you guys... my problem is solved and I am NOT going to have to pay money to go to the geek squad to fix this for me and I dont have to download any software free or for money...

This CAFEMOM said:

y

on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:13 PM

• If you have a pc, click my computer.  It should say something like portable hard drive in there when you plug your camera in.

•  

That is the exact step by step by simple instructions "I SERIOUSLY NEED " computers go over my head easily.. and IT WORKED YAYYYYYYYYYYY

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)