• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it ok for a 12 years old to use tampons???

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM
  • 38 Replies

my teen uses snitary napkins..i dont know about tampons....we dont have it here...

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Yes, some girls never use pads, ever. 

Cara5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

As long as she is responsible enough to change it every few hours and wont try to hide it from you if she gets a rash or has itching.  

Make her read the whole insert that comes with the tampons so she will know the symptoms of TSS... its super rare, but she should read it anyway.  Other than that its just a comfort/preference thing.   If she wants to use tampons start with the small ones (I think tampax even makes some just for "juniors") Id start with the name brand, tampax or kotex, and use plastic applicators since they are easier to use.  Have her just wear one around the house the first few times she uses one so it wont be a big deal if she needs to adjust, take it out or be self conscious about leaking. 

OhiogirlinCali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Yes, as long as they're used correctly.... They're very useful when wearing a swimsuit :)

MrsBLB
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Sure, my sisters and I did.  My dd also.  As long as she is educated about how to use them, and is responsible about it. 

3girlsihave
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I dont use them and neither do my 15yr old.

AmyG1976
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I would not be okay with it

specialwingz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I have from day #1.  So did both my girls.  As long as she is taught and she uses them properly, there is absolutely no reason why she shouldn't use them.

LadyByrdNest
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Yes.

cartersmommy407
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM

yes the only time I have EVER used a pad is after having a baby. 

tulip1969
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM

My girls both did at that age.  They really only choose to use them in the summer if they are wearing a swimsuit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)