Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will call the police

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM
  • 33 Replies

Please someone help my daughter just said to me I will call the police and say you raped me! Just becaues I was talking to her about turning in homework. Let me say this I would never ever do this I am so hurt I have gave this child the world I love her more than myself, how do you tell you Mother this. Should I call the police and tell them what she said? Please help me

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jay733
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I can not tell my husband oh GOD I am so hurt with no one to talk to please answer someone how can she hate me so I can never forget this. I just want to leave I can't go through this anymore GOD knews`I have done my best what happeded to that sweet little girl I am just so tired and hurt. How could she hate me so

Extreme1519
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Dear jay7333:

My name is Kim. I am so sorry to hear this. How old is your daughter? We have a lot in common.  My 13 yr and 11yr sons went to bed telling me they hate me and I am mean.  I too, am the best mom a child could ask for. I even struggle financially so they can attend a small, private Christian School!!!!   I also have no one to talk to.  I am so hurt also.   What happened to my sweet little boys?  Tonight  I refused to put their homework in their backpacks for them.  They are old enough to do it themselves.  I am a mother, not a slave or maid.  I recently stopped the toddler type nurturing to them and set them straight.  I feel awful. I also feel like running away.  They are my life.  Right now, I can't seem to live with them but know I can't live w/out them.  I also have a 23 yr old son in 5th yr of college who is just starting to write me beautiful THANK YOU NOTES ON CARDS FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT MOM TO HIM AND HELPING HIM BE THE GOOD, RESONSIBLE YOUNG MAN HE IS TODAY!  HOWEVER, IT HAS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE HE WAS 13 AND I AM OLDER AND MAYBE PUBERTY AND PRE-MENOPAUSE IS CLASHING!!     As far as telling your hubby, I am not sure because I do not know what kind of relationship your daughter has with him.  I know my boys are/were always closer to me.  If you want to send me a message that would be great.  I will be up late.  My advice would be to try to cool yourself down and relax, don't call the police, see how tomorrow and the next day goes.  I would definitely ask for an apology and set her straight when you are both calm.  Hope to hear from you.  I feel like two cents also as well as my heart and soul ripped out. 

Good Luck.

shell81
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Why would you not tell your dh?

Yes I would call the police and let them know what she said because then it is coming from you first instead of her.

Please tell me when / if she gets into trouble you don't hide it from dh?

~Shell~
Group Owner Of ~  Tween Titans ~
Group Admin In ~ CafeMom Group Resource Center ~
Group Mod In ~
Moms With Teens ~
Group Mod In  ~
The Park Bench ~

jay733
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I am not mad just hurt. I don't hide it usually from my husband I just cant tell him this maybe later but I am so hurt. She is 16 I lost my Mom at 12 I  just wanted to be the best Mom I am not a bad person really I am not. This has riped out my heart and soul

FL2AK
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I would call her bluff.  Tell her you will gladly save her the phone call and take her butt down to the police station.  Let them explain to her the effects of making a false police report and what saying someone raped her can do to the other person.  If she will not go with you then call the police, tell them what is going on and ask them if they can stop by the house and talk to her.

Seeing you upset and crying is the reaction she wants, give her the opposite.   

frmmommy2mother
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I agree with FL2AK....i can't imagine ever getting away with such gross disrespect...my mother would have beaten me profusely about the head with a blunt object...(i'm exaggerating of course)  I knew better than to even think about saying anything so stupid to my parents.  I would defenitely take her butt downtown.

MrsBLB
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I agree with this. 

Quoting FL2AK:

I would call her bluff.  Tell her you will gladly save her the phone call and take her butt down to the police station.  Let them explain to her the effects of making a false police report and what saying someone raped her can do to the other person.  If she will not go with you then call the police, tell them what is going on and ask them if they can stop by the house and talk to her.

MrsBLB
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I am sorry you are hurting, but this behaviour needs to stop now.  ((hugs)) 

Mommy4000
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Exactly. If my kids ever said they were calling the cops on me I would hand them the phone. Let her make a false report. You know you haven't done what she is claiming and they will be able to determine that. They do have people that are trained to determine if abuse is really happening. Sorry I don't have any advice though. Seems like a hard situation.

Quoting MrsBLB:

I agree with this. 

Quoting FL2AK:

shellakers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

OMG!  YES you absolutely call the police!  I have friends in the police force who have dealt with kids like this.  They scare the crap out of the kid and put them in their place.  

Why would you not tell your husband?

You're not alone, my friend.  Kids can break your heart like nobody else.  The GOOD news is that you WILL get through this and she really will grow up and learn to appreciate and love you again.  You just can not cater to her bad behavior or she'll only "gain power".  Kids go through some kind of personality transformation during their teen years.  They say it can equate to insanity.  I know it sure seems like insanity with some kids.  They DO grow out of it though.

You have a right to cry your eyes out.  Then you pick yourself up and continue being her mom who expects and demands her to do her homework.

It really might benefit your daughter to see a counselor now.  She'll probably say no but remember that you're the mom and know what's best for her.

(((HUGS)))im sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)