Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Stomach ache in a 12/13 yr old girl

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

My SD will be 13 at the end of the month.. she's been compaining of a stomach ache for over a week now..

I'm taking her to the DR's this afternoon, but thought you ladies might have some experience here..

Do you think it might be the start of her period? Did your girls complain of this? Any other ideas?

by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoniaL
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM

This happened to my DD right before hers started. Hers was just for a day but she felt sick to her stomach and said it hurt. Ther eis a good chance her period will start soon.

Side note: Hi Grapejelly! I didn't know you were in here too!

LancesMom
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM

It could be!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 18, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

It could be!

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

Wyndi
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 3:02 PM

could be that or she could have something on her mind. How are her grades? Is she having problems with people at school? Is she being unlike her normal self: withdrawn from normal activities?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM

stress?  or her period will begin soon

MsTeePhoenix
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM
My 11 year old daughter has been having pain in her stomach for a couple of months; her friends keep telling her cycle is going to start son so it may be her cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsTeePhoenix
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM
My 11 year old daughter has been having pain in her stomach for a couple of months; her friends keep telling her cycle is going to start son so it may be her cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 18, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Quoting Wyndi:

could be that or she could have something on her mind. How are her grades? Is she having problems with people at school? Is she being unlike her normal self: withdrawn from normal activities?

I was thinking the same thing. My dd has anxiety disorder and when she is worried or stressing about something the first symptom is a bad stomach ache.

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM

ya when my daughter or I stress our stomachs hurt. This

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting Wyndi:

I was thinking the same thing. My dd has anxiety disorder and when she is worried or stressing about something the first symptom is a bad stomach ache.

starlight1968
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 5:55 PM

yep and still does each time she it's "pms" time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN