Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2/9/11 **QOTD**

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:15 AM
  • 25 Replies

Have your teens ever had Speech, OT or PT services?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:17 AM

pt for football injuries

amberdy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Both of my dds did. My almost 13 yo had speech for 2 years in pre-k and k5. My youngest dd is 8 now and still in speech, she started when she was 2 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
san3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM

My older two boys have had speech when they were about 3...before they were in school...until they were about 5. My oldest had PT for his knee. He had a small tear in the meniscus that thankfully didn't need surgery just PT. He also had to have PT for a crack in the growth plate in his foot. He was at a campout for scouts and jumped out of a tree he climbed. Lesson learned if you jump from a tree that you climbed to high you will break something! Thankfully the other two having had any major injuries.

elle31106
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Not my teens but my 6yo has all those services.

FlyHippie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM

no...none of my kids.

jo.smith
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

My son had speech therapy for a while, and I have been considering getting him into a OT for a while now.

LoveLiz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM

my 16 year old had speech since he was 3 until he was 12 or 13 when they said speech would longer help him he was not retaining it. He did not not talk until he was 3 and then only a word here and there. He has learning disabilities to combined with the speech problems.

4evamami
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

no

justlurking
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Both of my boys were in speech, my oldest for a short time for a few specific problems and my youngest for about 3 years because nobody could understand a word he said. 

My youngest was also in therapy for severe anxiety disorder.

ZBandMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Neither one of my DDs has needed those services.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)