Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many will be an

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM
  • 16 Replies

Empty nester this year? I will be.

If so, are you looking forward to it? Have you started to pick up old hobbies or become interested in new ones?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
llpalady
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I have a long time.  my youngest is only 3.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Not for another 18 months and that is IF my 19 year old will be moved out by then. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Oh, I scrapbook now and will continue and I belong to a few organizations that keep me busy.  IF we moved around that time to a new state I will find things to do or volunteer at a hospital. 

mariC67
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM

My oldest 3 moved out within the last 6months so its been abit of a change but I still have 2 at home 12 & 16

jo.smith
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I am not there, but my best friend is going through it this year.  She has been struggling with what to do with her time, but enjoying it at the same time.  I am not looking forward to it at all.

amberdy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Not me, my oldest graduates in 2012, I have a 7th grader, a 4th grader and a 3rd grader.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PosinourHarmony
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I have 5 years til my twins get out....and another 16 years for the other 2 to get out lol! I love my kids but ugh! Sometimes I can't wit for them to be old enough to be on their own lol! So question for the ladies whose kids have left home already.  Is this a feeling that'll pass? Or will it stay wit me forever or wat? Lol! Jus wondering wat I'm up against.

ZBandMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM

My oldest DD graduate next year and my youngest graduates in 2016, so I have a few more years yet. 

MaggotMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I actually will never be an empty nester. My oldest will live at home until he dies, which is hopfully AFTER me....

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM

My oldest graduated in '03 and my youngest will graduate in '16  so it will be a while .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)