Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone planning their spring garden ?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM
  • 15 Replies

When do you get your yard ready and when do you plant ?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM

LOL, not with 2 feet of snow on the ground and I don't have a garden anyway. 

02nana07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM

I am can't wait

ZBandMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I have been planning it ever since I received my 1st seed catalog in the mail before Thanksgiving!  It's been driving me crazy because I want to plant my gardens SO BAD!!!!

We will start getting the garden whenever the ground is no longer hard with frost.  It's usually sometime in late April, early May.  After 1 round of having it plowed with the tractor and letting it dry, we have it tilled with the tractor and let it dry.  Then we are ready to plant.  That's usually in mid May. 

chris2267
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Yes!  Our school is doing a seed fundraiser.  My garden is going to double this year and am adding a lettuce table. 

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM

We do garden recovery and planting the first week of March.We have flowers and a separate veggie garden.It normally gets to hot for tomatoes in July...I LOVE fresh tomatoes...but I read about planting some tomatoes in wheeled containers and keeping them in the shade a certain number of hours a day.I can't wait to see if it really works like the article says.

Yup a lot of our flowers come from fundraisers ;)

I planned to spend today at the garden center but we are getting freezing rain AGAIN.very unusual for us :( go away cold weather I'm itchin for some planting

ZBandMom it sounds like you have a fantastic size garden.Jealous here lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Not even close to time for us yet. It depends on the last frost which has been late April the past couple of years.

jackdaw
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I have a smallish garden, the daffodil bulbs are coming up already.

I have lot of replanting to do as we had to replace a fence which caused some damage but hey, it's a new year and fresh start plant a tree

FlyHippie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM

We're ordering seeds...and also ordering chickens.

Yeah, did I mention HIPPIE chick here? LOL

MaggotMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I am. Last year's was a disaster, so we're starting over. We've brought in some manures and things to get the soil ready. I've ordered my seeds, now, but it took me like 4 weeks to decide what I'm getting. I start planting in March.

shell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Nope:) Dh wants to do a garden but that is on him then not me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)