Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flowers ,veggies and fruit.What do you plant?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZBandMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM

We plant veggies and flowers every year.  We also can or freeze most of the veggies we grow. 

We have 1 big veggie garden and 5 different flower gardens.

chris2267
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Last year we grew Sunflowers, corn, tomatoes, onions, jalpenos, snake gourds

This year, tomatoes, sunflowers, lettuce, onions, peppers, as far.  Our garden last year was 16 x 8 and will double it this year.

seashore29
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Every year my tulips,lilies,and hyachins come up. So does the mint. We planted last year sunflowers,carrots,dill,peppers and onions. i can't wait to plant even more this year.

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:39 PM

no nothing... the girls bought and planted some flowers for decor around the porch and took care of them which was sweet  but i normally dont plant anything

amberdy
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Nothing, we don't have a yard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:57 PM

In the veggie garden bell peppers ,green beans ,crookneck squash ,okra and several different types of tomatoes .In a container away from the garden so their is no cross pollination Tabasco peppers and jalapenos.My year round herb garden has died even though I covered it.We have had 6 nights in the mid 20's this Feb.The only thing still good are the rosemary bushes at each end.I am still considering other veggies.

We have a peach tree that pollinates with my neighbors tree.Maybe watermelons and a strawberry jar.So we can eat 15 or 20 VERY expensive strawberries.

Still picking flowers out.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 11, 2011 at 6:10 AM

We plant flowers, herbs and veggies.

momofne
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 6:55 AM

We have a bad deer problem here. They tend to eat alot of what I plant especially if it's a fruit or veggie!!! I mainly plant flowers now, perennials mostly with some annuals thrown in for filler.

MistyBlueMom
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I plant all of them.This year I want to plant some plum trees and a peach tree.Already have a pear tree.Have blueberry and raspberry bushes.Did have strawberries but the birds got to every one of them.At least it kept them away from the other berries!We grow tomatoes,peppers,squash,carrots,spinach,onions,herbs(mint,lemon balm,rosemary,etc.) I have two rose bushes and a flower bed with a variety of goodies (marigolds,pansies,hyacinths,etc).

I love to grow things.I almost forgot about the banana trees! Have about 5 of them,and pineapples!

02nana07
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 7:37 AM

tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, squash, and peppers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)