Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you were younger

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 26 Replies

did you read teen magazines if so which ones

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZBandMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Oh wow.  I'm gonna admit to things that I don't like admitting to because I am so extremely far removed from the teeny bopper I once was. The thoughts of it make want to say "gag me with a spoon."

Tiger Beat

Teen Beat

BOP

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.  I know there were more.

I would get these magazines and take out the postersand pictures of the stars I had crushes on and then plaster my walls with them.  I had different sections of wall reserved for specific guys and if I ran out of room on the wall, I would just do some creative rearranging.   

FlyHippie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:29 PM

HAHAHA....same here!

Quoting ZBandMom:

Oh wow.  I'm gonna admit to things that I don't like admitting to because I am so extremely far removed from the teeny bopper I once was. The thoughts of it make want to say "gag me with a spoon."

Tiger Beat

Teen Beat

BOP

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.  I know there were more.

I would get these magazines and take out the postersand pictures of the stars I had crushes on and then plaster my walls with them.  I had different sections of wall reserved for specific guys and if I ran out of room on the wall, I would just do some creative rearranging.   

elle31106
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I read Teen Beat, Tiger Beat, Bop, and Sassy but that didnt come out until 1988, I think, so I didnt get too many issues of that one.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Quoting elle31106:

I read Teen Beat, Tiger Beat, Bop, and Sassy but that didnt come out until 1988, I think, so I didnt get too many issues of that one.

Loved Sassy magazine. I also read Mad magazine, YM (Young Miss), Seventeen and music magazines like Rolling Stone and Hit Parade.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM

yup all of these but Sassy ...after my time

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting elle31106:

Loved Sassy magazine. I also read Mad magazine, YM (Young Miss), Seventeen and music magazines like Rolling Stone and Hit Parade.

MaggotMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Metal Edge.:)

offrdngal
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Tiger Beat

BOP

...and whichever ones had NKOTB on the cover!! LOL

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Oh, yes.  Tiger Beat, and others.  Shawn Cassidy, David Cassidy, Donny Osmond and others, lol

tat2dmommie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Tiger beat, teen beat, bop
02nana07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I read those too

Quoting ZBandMom:

Tiger Beat

Teen Beat

BOP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)