Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many were in girl scouts

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 17 Replies

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyHippie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I was! In elementary school. My favorite time was cookie sales....I rocked it out. 2 week camperships every year.

HOW? 

Well at the time, you took the cookies with you...not just took orders.

I'd go to Texas Tech (we lived in Lubbock) and go to the boys dorm and sit in the lobby part. All boxes gone in like 2 days. BLAM. None of this door to door crap! LOL!

I thought I ruled the world...

elle31106
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I was a Brownie for 1 year, then decided I was done with it. I preferred gymnastics, soccer, dance and cheerleading.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I was never in brownies or Girl scouts. My dd was a brownie for one year and hated it.

specialwingz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout through Junior High.  I always held the record in cookie sales.  My step-father worked at McDonnell Douglas.  There wasn't a single person at that plant who didn't order cookies!  LOL.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I was  but stopped in middle school.

momofne
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I only did brownies.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Brownies and Juniors.I would go to the main entrance to the main parking garage from our medical center with my mom.Those cookies flew out of my hands.

I was dd's co-leader for Daisies ,Brownies and Juniors.

FlyHippie we kinda copied you.My oldest ds stuck a box of cookies for himself in his backpack one day and went off to h.s. at lunch guys were begging to buy it.After that he took 4 or 5 boxes everyday and sold them in a blink.I was co -cookie chair that year so had plenty to sell.Gotta love hungry guys.

SoniaL
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I thought about it in elementary because some girls were in it and would where their outfits to school on certain days.  But I decided I thought the Brownie outfit was ugly and I didn't want to wear it so I decided not to join. Silly, huh? lol

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I was a Camp Fire girl from 1st-10th grade.  My oldest was a GS and I was her leader from 2nd-4th grade.  My youngest was in GS from K-1st grade. 

starlight1968
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM

MEEEE lol I wasn't a brownie but started in 4th grade all the way up to a Senior Cadet and troop president.  I stopped then tho... my dad was a troop co-counselor lol... we had a leader and then 2 co's another mom/my dad.  They loved it when we'd go camping... he'd been a boy scout and my mom was a girl scout too.  My mom worked a lot (real estate) and my dad wasn't aloud to work much due to medical stuff but it didn't stop him from helping out w/GS.... best times ever with my dad (and middle sister-she was in troop too).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)