Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you still read to your teen?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM
  • 21 Replies

I do. My son is reading what he reads...but there are some books we read together, being that I read to him.

I started "i Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou today...

Perfect "read to your son" day since it's cold, snowy and icy...we snuggled down into bed and read. I love that...

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZBandMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM

If I tried reading to either one of my girls now, they would look at me like a just came here from another planet. 

Italianchica
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:49 PM

No.

FlyHippie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM

LOL...my son has the one after this one picked out already. Some things are just better read aloud. We did "The Help" out loud, too...some make for great conversation... We love it. My 20 and 24 year olds still say they're jealous because they miss that.

LancesMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM

No but I do read with him! He would lay on one side of the couch and I the other and we'd both have a book to read.

jackdaw
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM

No, mine reads alone before she goes to sleep usually. Her reading choices are very different to mine.

momcat437
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Oh, yeah--we have a lot of ministry stuff to read and it's just easier for them to understand a lot of it if I read it out loud...

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:27 PM

No but I read with her. She'll read her book and I'll read mine. Then we talk about the books we've read.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM

no.Both my sons love th read. we read many of the same authors. We have some great book discusions.

missvickey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM
I'm not "allowed" to read to her anymore. From about second grade on, DD insisted that she do the reading. So she read to me. She's 15 now and still does. We're doing "Chronicles of Narnia."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parrishsky
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

My college aged son wrote a novel for a writing contest and I printed it and we plan to read it together as a family... each taking turns reading a chapter. We like to turn off the idiot box and read or tell stories.  We've done it also for Blackout Sunday (turn off all electricity for 12 hrs, from dusk til dawn) and use lanterns and candles instead of lamps. It's a great way to spend as a family. Reading brings us closer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)