Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you know the common friends of your teen??how do you cope with thier peer pressure???

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

neng.....kiss

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyHippie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM

yes, I know his friends....when they start with crazy or bad peer pressure, I gently tell my son "In addition to a million other reasons...

This is why we homeschool."

We laugh about that all the time.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM

19 yo not as much anymore, some of them.  17 yo, I know all her friends. 

ferrellmt
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

we are at the point where there friends never seem to have last names...um no way. So I made a spread sheet that says (printed out a couple of blank ones with headings):

which kid of mine..friends name and cell #...parents name and cell #...street address...house phone #

we fill it out for each friend before they can go and hang out...

Okay YOU LAUGH, but I needed it. Maybe I should market the darn thing!

LoveLiz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I know all my daughters friends they usually are found spending the weekend over here. Son has a few that he knows from school. one lives with us.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM

know their friends.When they get old enough to get around on their own I have to know names and numbers or it is a no go.

sunny1961
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I don't recall any instance where we have had to deal with "peer pressure" from any of either of our teen's friends.

Sandyr911
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Yes i know her friends....there r some at school im sure i dont know but if she interacts with them outside of school i know them and alot of time their parents too.

marney.p
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Yes I make it my business to know as many friends as possible. The grid paper idea sounds really good, also.

san3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Can't say that I know all of their social friends. My boys are very active in several groups. I know anyone they spend time with on a regular basis as well as the adults in thier groups.

rosebud727
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I do, and they are a great bunch of kids. My kid is what you call a straight edge. She is stubborn like me and doesn't give into peer pressure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)