Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will you allow your teen to have a belly button ring or a tattoo???

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM
  • 62 Replies

neng.....kiss

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyHippie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Whatever they want when they are graduated high school and it's on their dime.

Or unless they run away from home and do it like child #2 of mine did! LOL

But, no. Not while we're focusing on other things...

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM

My dd never wanted her belly button pierced but she has a lip piercing. She has wanted a tattoo since turning 16 and I have no problem with her getting one as long as it is something that has actual meaning to her. I tell her what is cool as a teen is not cool at 20 or 30 y/o.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM

my daughter is 14, and has her belly button peirced. i dont see a problem with it

parrishsky
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Belly ring is fine, tats when they are 18 and can decide for themselves.

What I really hate are the gauges. There's no going back to normal once you get them.

SoniaL
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I feel it has too much of a "sexy" conotation to it which is very inappropriate for a teen.  I will not alow my kids to get anything beyond ears done while they are under 18.

Quoting mommyneedssleep:

my daughter is 14, and has her belly button peirced. i dont see a problem with it

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

sunny1961
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

My daughter has a belly ring, as well as a lip ring; my son will be getting his lip ring in June (he has to wait so it can heal over the summer since he will have to take it out during school; and her, my son, and I are all saving up so we can all get matching tatoos in honor of their deceased father.

sunny1961
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Huh - my daughter got her belly ring for her thirteenth birthday as a gift from her older sister, and at almost 18, nothing "sexy" or "innapropriate" has ever been a factor.

Quoting SoniaL:

I feel it has too much of a "sexy" conotation to it which is very inappropriate for a teen.  I will not alow my kids to get anything beyond ears done while they are under 18.

Quoting mommyneedssleep:

ZBandMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I would let them if they wanted either one of them done. In fact, I'd take them to get them.  I don't see anything wrong with piercings or tats.  I would definitely want them to take the time to make the decision on what design they would want their tat to be as it of course would be a permanant part of them. 

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:42 PM

once they are over 18 they are welcome to do whatever they want as long as they pay for it.  However I would seriously try to dicourage my daughter from getting a belly button ring, as that was the most pain I've ever felt, and it took so long to heal.  Also it closes up really fast.  i would NEVER do that again

SoniaL
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Mine won't go away! lol It is closed up on the inside but there is a hole at the top still. 

Quoting fammatthews4:

once they are over 18 they are welcome to do whatever they want as long as they pay for it.  However I would seriously try to dicourage my daughter from getting a belly button ring, as that was the most pain I've ever felt, and it took so long to heal.  Also it closes up really fast.  i would NEVER do that again

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)