Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your boys do the scout thing

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM
  • 32 Replies

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:33 AM

No.

supermom664
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:34 AM

No, I don't trust the Boy Scouts

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Not yet, but they are 8 and 5 and may decide to join.

Angiebooboo
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:51 AM

no, they didn't want to

themomof3boys
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Yes...they did and do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtseanryan
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:46 AM

My older son is a boy scout now. He enjoys all the camping and activities. My little one is a wof now and he likes it too.

madhouseof5
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:43 AM

yes

all my boys in their time have done the scouts thing

My daughter who is 8 has just joined the Cubs shes in the same cubs group her brothers all went to 

theres been one of my kids in the same troop for 15 years now

my 2nd son who is 22 is now a scout leader in the same group and my youngest son 15 is a beaver leader for the youngest troop under 8year olds 

Hes getting his badge in leadership skills 

They go camping 3 or 4 times a year, they have learned how to cook, sew,  map read, climb,  bow and arrow skills, skate, boating, fishing, go carting you name it they have done it

My boys are also in Boys Brigade Where the middle two boys are in a brass band One plays the trumpet the other the big bass drum My 3rd son has given up on the scouts to spend more time with BB

I think its the best thing my children have ever done

If your worried go along to an open day meet up with other mums and dad with children there to see how they feel the groups ran

its helped my kids to understand others needs as the do fundraising days and help out with people who need support in their daily lifes

it keeps the out of trouble and help them learn to mix take orders and to look after theself

san3
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:46 AM

My older two boys, 14 and 12,  are boyscouts. They love it.  We haven't had much luck with cub scouts with my 9 year old. It seems like parents start the groups and leave once they realize how much work is involved with running one. This year my oldest has a high enough rank that he is able to run a cub scout den on his own. So, we have weekly meetings that my older two sons run while I make sure there is order. The boys get volunteer hours and the kids all have a great time and a group that won't break up a month after it starts.

MaggotMom
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM

No. But, I kind of wish they had. They have learned a lot from members of my family who were Scouts, though. I wanted them to learn the outdoor survival skills.

amberdy
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:15 AM
My oldest son was for a few years. My 10 yo son wants to but he had a choice between that and travel soccer. He picked soccer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)