Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**HOT TOPIC OF THE WEEK** (Feb 20 - Feb 26)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:46 AM
  • 31 Replies

Do you believe in abortion?

Why or why not? 

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Yes because there are so many unwanted and neglected kids in the world.  If abortion weren't an option there would be so many more, because some girls/women would keep the children and neglect or abuse the child rather than give it up, if abortion weren't an option.

singingoutloud
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Definately a hot topic!  I'm all for letting each person choose what's right for them.  The govt can keep their hands off our personal decisions.  I've been there and decided not to.  However, if my situation had been different in several ways, I may have.  I know several people who have and respect them no matter what choice they decided to make. 

missvickey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:32 AM
I don't neccesarily believe in abortion but I do believe its a womans choice. I would suggest any woman who is considering abortion to seriously think about adoption. Its a wonderful thing to bring the love of a child to a couple who can't have children (I'm an adoptee). As long as she has considered all options then I respect her choice as to whats best for her situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
llpalady
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Every person can make their own decision.  Personally, I could never abort a baby.  But I have known a few ladies that have.  I dont hold it against them.  It is not my right to judge anyone, and I dont want that job to judge either.

tntmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:12 AM
I believe in choice. I do not believe in abortion for me but others have the right to choose what's best for them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I am very pro choice.  I am not pro abortion in every case and hate the ones that use it like BC but I believe in the right to choose. 

Carmel63
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Honestly, I am sick of this particular topic on Cafemom.  There another group I post on that for weeks they could not get off this topic.

My answer is, who cares.  Those that are pro choice are not swayed by those that choose to call them murders.  Those that are pro life can not seem to grasp that it is none of their business what someone else chooses to do about their pregnancy.

amberdy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:58 PM

It's not my decision to make for other people.  People should be able to make that decision for themselves.  The gov't shouldn't tell women what to do with their body.

elle71186
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Quoting Carmel63:

Honestly, I am sick of this particular topic on Cafemom.  There another group I post on that for weeks they could not get off this topic.

My answer is, who cares.  Those that are pro choice are not swayed by those that choose to call them murders.  Those that are pro life can not seem to grasp that it is none of their business what someone else chooses to do about their pregnancy.

momcat437
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

No--Jehovah God created us--he knew us when we were in the womb--and he did not give us the right to kill anyone...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)