Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Are Strippers "BAD" Moms?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 38 Replies

Do you believe being a stripper automatically makes a woman a "BAD" mom or do you think a stripper can also be a good mom?

Please Explain your opinion.

Join us on the Moms with Teens Group!

holding balloonsGROUP MOD YVONNE

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elle31106
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I do not know, nor have I ever known a stripper, so I cannot say.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I think I would work 3 jobs of something else just to not strip.  I would never want my child to know what I did. 

amberdy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:01 PM
I think anyone that would think that is extremely judgemental. I don't know any strippers but I don't think that would make them bad mothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justlurking
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM

My brother's ex-wife was a stripper. She was/is a lousy mother but no, I don't think all strippers are automatically bad moms.  The lifestyle often involves more than stripping though and not a great environment for kids. It really depends on the person I guess.  I could see a single mom really struggling to make ends meet doing it to take care of her kids needs and still being a good mom. 

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM

.A very ,very young woman and her daughter joined my Daisy troop.I knew they had recently moved back into her parents house but that was all at first..Her parents really insisted the girl attend our school ..She dressed very normally for a 22 y/o.She was active ,came to the meetings , often stayed to help, never forgot her snack day.More than I can same for some of the other mothers.She had run after a man at 15 and had returned home the year before,She had become a stripper when she lived on her own and still was..She told her daughter she .stocked vending machines at night explaining all the ones and fives.She had received her GED and her CAD certification and was looking for a CAD job when they moved away.We were probably a bit reserved when we first met her but she did love her daughter.Her days off were arranged around scouts and dance class.When I knew her she was a good mother.

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I don't believe being a stripper automatically makes for a "bad" mom or person.

I believe it is more about what she does when she is with her kids and how she is with them.

I don't think it's the healthiest choice for mom bc there is a fine line to walk there and I think it can be dangerous with stalkers and such too.

.Holly.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Automatically? lol ..I really hate these type of stereotypes...especially if you haven't walked in someones shoes.  Choice of occupation has nothing to do on whether or not someone is a good mother or not. 

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I agree 100%

Quoting .Holly.:

Automatically? lol ..I really hate these type of stereotypes...especially if you haven't walked in someones shoes.  Choice of occupation has nothing to do on whether or not someone is a good mother or not. 

annie2244
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I agree - choice of occupation has nothing to do with being a good mom. A good mom is someone who is kind, attentive & responsible to her children's needs.

Does it also mean setting as good an example and giving messages that help the kids become kind and responsible adults when they grow up ? If yes, then to still qualify the good stripper mom either never divulges what she does for a living, or explains how abhorrent it was albeit the financially most viable option at one point in time.

How about mafia dad? Coke dealer mom?  Owner of a 3rd world garment factory that profits on child labor? Those occupations hurt others. Can you be a good parent and morally backrupt in how one conducts one's life? 

Does good parent = attentive to child's needs? Or does it also have to mean sets a good example? Very high standard, that. How good of an example would one have to set to still qualify as a good parent? Not cheat on your spouse, not be an out of control spender in debt? not swear? not keep a messy house?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Quoting .Holly.:

Choice of occupation has nothing to do on whether or not someone is a good mother or not. 

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)