Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who bought, or is going to buy your teens 1st car.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM
  • 32 Replies

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funmommy123
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Dh and I are planning on buying.our boys a car when they graduate from highschool as a graduation gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
I think my oldest son's paternal grandfather is giving him an old BMW. My other 3 will buy their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PosinourHarmony

Their father....lol! I'm going with to supervise I don't want my teens coming home wit super fast cars that are gonna kill them within the 1st week. But he's handing over the money lol!

jmart18255
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

well it will probably be bm since my stepson will be 16 next year. but we will probably chip in for it and the insurance on it. now when my son is old enough to drive i will be the one buying with his bio-dad chipping in.

02nana07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I bought my oldest a transam but sold it since she never got her licence.   She bought the next one, again never got her license so she sold it.   The 3rd one she got we helped with and she finally got her license :)

02nana07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

My oldest son has no interest in driving, we offered to give him a car which we bought new and was going to have it painted the way he wanted but he didn't want it.  His friend ended up with it and couldn't believe my son didn't want it. 

02nana07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

My youngest doesn't have one due to medical reasons but maybe within the next year he will get his license and get one.

jenn75
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I bought her a "repo special" from a finance company in a strip mall near my work. It was not wwell taken care of but my FIL, her grandfather owns a auto gerage. She pays for parts & he doesn't chage for labor(usually after hours) it's not a good looking car but she likes it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM

We bought them. They have a 2007 Nissan sentra and a 2007 Mazda 3. 

supermom664
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:03 PM

When my daughter turned 16 we got her a Volkswagon beetle which wetraded in before she went to college for a Honda Accord and my son got a Mustang when he turned 16 which he wants to trade in for a Dodge Charger this summer which we probably want do because the college he's going to do not allow freshmans to bring their cars the first year because the campus do not have enough parking spaces

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)