Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stretch mark products that work?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM
  • 19 Replies

At this point as long as its not a million dollars a bottle Id probably buy it. "M" has grown so much in the last couple of years that she has them on her thighs, sides, stomach and now they are cropping up just below her knees. She is 14 she shouldnt have to deal with this crap and be embarrassed about wearing a damn swimsuit.

Weve tried tons of vitamin E lotion for a few months and its just not working.

Can anyone recommend anything that really works?
:'(

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Everything cost today.

Sandyr911
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Well i know its going to cost but i dont want to spend $100 for 10 different items to find one that works. :-(

drfink
by Emily on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:11 PM

in the summer or fall in another group or answers a mom talked about Bio-oil for this.I remember because I soon noticed a lot of magazine adds ans wondered if they had always been there just not noticed or were they new.Think it is at CVS or Walgreen's.No personal knowledge just what I read from some mom.

lisakansas
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM

As far as I know, there's nothing over the counter that really works.  :(  Take her to a dermatologist, that's what I did with my older son, who shot up like 6 inches in 6 months and has this pattern of really ugly horizontal stretchmarks across his lower back...the dermatologist recommended some fading creams for the purplish color but said there is very little that can be done outside of plastic surgery techniques to make em go away.  But they are much less noticeable after they fade.

Sandyr911
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM

OMW r u kidding me?  There HAS to be something!

She has them from her hips halfway down her thighs, on the sides of her stomach and now on her calves?  She loves to swim and doesnt even want to contemplate swimming this year.....UGH this sucks.

amberdy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM
I have found nothing that works. I have stretchmarks like your dd. I got mine during pregnancy, but I was only 16. I have them on my lovehandles, stomach, thighs and backs of my calves. I hated it when I was younger, now I just deal with it. My 13 yo has them on her boobs and she hates it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM

my bff used the lotion that has cocoa butter in it (I think it runs about 6-8$ a bottle) and they seemed to help her.  Also, tanning help them to "disappear" I myself have found...don't burn tho as those spots will hurt esp. more.

misskimi78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Nope. lol. I've tried it all including fancy expensive lotions etc.

Sandyr911
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Well ive heard some things can help lighten them at least so they arent as noticeable so we will start buying and trying and see what happens.  This kid has enough issues with having to live in jeans for the rest of her life.

momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Stretch Mark Remedy and the fountain of youth...still in search of......LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)