Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh tricky teen son... I'm so much wiser than you know...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son went to his friends house this weekend, and because he's been a bit of a lazy butt, I am on strike on giving him rides places etc. So I talked to him last night and said he needed to be home by a certain time. He used the lame excuse that he missed the last bus home and would be home 1st thing in the morning. I found out for him the 1st bus this morning left at 550AM. I let him know I fully expected him home on that bus. Of course, he didn't come home this morning. And now,  friend of mine saw him catch a bus to the other side of town at 9am or so... What punishment should I have in store for him when he gets here later. I'm sure he will have a lame lie/excuse in store for me...

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jo.smith
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM

If it were my son, I would ask for an explanation.  If he tells the truth, then commend him for that but let him know that he is grounded for the next couple of weeks (or how ever long you think necessary).  If he lies, then you let him know that you know the truth and he is grounded for the next couple of months because he not only disobeyed you but also because he lied.  I am sorry that he is putting you through this, but stay tough!  ((HUGS))

Wyndi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:03 PM

not only would he be grounded, he'd come home to a room with just a bed and his dresser and clothes. and one of those old fashioned alarm clocks sans radio.

Oh and he'd be giving me his cell phone as well. No calls period.

Hi I'm Wyndi. I live in a small villiage in Ohio. I've met the Villiage Idiot and wish his villiage would come claim him.

misskimi78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Ya, this was my 1st instinct.. lol. He doesn't have a cell phone anymore. Once he decided he didn't wanna show appreciation or respect for my SO's sacrificing to pay for his cell, we put it on standby so he could get a job and start paying for it himself. He never did, so now its gone for good.

Quoting Wyndi:

not only would he be grounded, he'd come home to a room with just a bed and his dresser and clothes. and one of those old fashioned alarm clocks sans radio.

Oh and he'd be giving me his cell phone as well. No calls period.

drfink
by Emily on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Quoting jo.smith:

If it were my son, I would ask for an explanation.  If he tells the truth, then commend him for that but let him know that he is grounded for the next couple of weeks (or how ever long you think necessary).  If he lies, then you let him know that you know the truth and he is grounded for the next couple of months because he not only disobeyed you but also because he lied.  I am sorry that he is putting you through this, but stay tough!  ((HUGS))

AGREE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)