Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your local area known for?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM
  • 69 Replies

Are there any historical events, festivals or tourist-y things that your area is know for?  Tell us about them!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyndi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM

The next town over is known for its Black Walnut Festival every fall. Another town in my county is known for its Apple Festival each September. My town is a blink and you miss it town.

Hi I'm Wyndi. I live in a small villiage in Ohio. I've met the Villiage Idiot and wish his villiage would come claim him.

3mommy3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:39 PM

We are a college town...So, I would have to say Marshall University.

sunny1961
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Reyers - the worlds largest shoe store, The Winner - a very well known gown and ladies fachion store, and Daffin's - the worlds best chocolate.

starlight1968
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM

The town I live in has Six Flags over Texas, Ranger Stadium, The new Dallas Cowboy stadium and UTA.  busy place lol

ZBandMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Quoting sunny1961:

Reyers - the worlds largest shoe store, The Winner - a very well known gown and ladies fachion store, and Daffin's - the worlds best chocolate.

I have never heard of Reyers and The Winner but I have heard of Daffin's. It started out in Woodsfield, Ohio back in the early 1900's.  Woodsfield is in the next county over from where I live.   I would really like to go to Daffin's someday since I am a chocoholic!  :)   I would probably go crazy there. 

sunny1961
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Quoting ZBandMom:

Quoting sunny1961:

I have never heard of Reyers and The Winner but I have heard of Daffin's. It started out in Woodsfield, Ohio back in the early 1900's.  Woodsfield is in the next county over from where I live.   I would really like to go to Daffin's someday since I am a chocoholic!  :)   I would probably go crazy there. 

I still think you should drive up my way and let me take you shopping! If you want some really great deals on name brand shoes, the Reyer's outlet shoe store is the place to go!

ZBandMom
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Quoting sunny1961:

Quoting ZBandMom:

Quoting sunny1961:

I still think you should drive up my way and let me take you shopping! If you want some really great deals on name brand shoes, the Reyer's outlet shoe store is the place to go!

Screw the shoes!  Take me to Daffin's!  LOL  Just kidding. 

amyanne2010
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Toad Suck Daze!!! It's a festivial we have every year the first of may here in Conway, AR :)

ZBandMom
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Quoting amyanne2010:

Toad Suck Daze!!! It's a festivial we have every year the first of may here in Conway, AR :)

Is there really toad sucking involved with this festival?  Please tell me ''no''.  LOL 

amyanne2010
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM

luckily there is not, lol :) Before i moved here i thought it must be the most redneck thing ever, but its not too bad :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)