Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O sort of, maybe? What are some toys that are still sold today that you had as a kid?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:23 AM
  • 29 Replies

Seeing FlyHippie's post about her Granddaughter's toy phone reminded me that I had a toy phone like that when I was a little kid.  I didn't know they were still being sold!

So what are some toys that you have seen in stores that you remember having as a kid? 

Post some pics if ya want! 

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyHippie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I had that chatter phone...and that thing where you push it and it's a bubble at the bottom and the little balls "pop" when you push it? Is that making sense? Well, I had that and she has that, too. I had a jack in the box...she has a sock monkey in the box.

I've seen baby alive...and I had one of those, too! (Myah's only 16 months old, so no baby alive's yet! )

Since fisher price came out with the retro toys, there's A LOT!

MaggotMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I had all the Star Wars action figures and ship toys. They were upgraded a bit when they re-released the films with updated special effects, but they still sell all of them except the ATAT Walker, I think.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Barbies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveLiz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Smurf's

ZBandMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Quoting FlyHippie:

I had that chatter phone...and that thing where you push it and it's a bubble at the bottom and the little balls "pop" when you push it? Is that making sense? Well, I had that and she has that, too. I had a jack in the box...she has a sock monkey in the box.

I've seen baby alive...and I had one of those, too! (Myah's only 16 months old, so no baby alive's yet! )

Since fisher price came out with the retro toys, there's A LOT!

YES!!  I know what you are talking about because I had one too.  It had multi-colored little balls in it and went ''pop, pop,pop'' as you push it all around the floor.  I had one at my house and 1 at my grandparents' house.  My name for it was ''Popcorn''.  LOL

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM

sit and spin

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM

barbies

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM

litebright

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Easy bake oven

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:39 PM

etch a sketch

Isn't mr. potato head still sold

I saw barrel of monkeys the other day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)