Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did You Get Cold Feet When...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM
  • 25 Replies

peekingwedding

Did you get cold feet before or on your wedding day or at least really nervous or scared?

Please share if you did or didn't and how that marriage worked out.

Join us on the Moms with Teens Group!  

YVONNE

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:42 AM

badMy 1st wedding at 18 I did really bad bc inside I knew I wasnt really in love with him.. sad to say I still went thru with it and of course it didn't last... I felt trapped for 16 awful years but finally got out. ( I would never get married with cold feet in retrospect ever again after that!)

in loveFor my second marriage I was in my late 30s and neither one of us was even a tiny bit nervous, we didnt even believe in soulmates until we met and we were totally confident and excited and this marriage is DREAMY!

Join us on the Moms with Teens Group!  

YVONNE

san3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Not a bit until it came time to actually walk down the aisle. I never gave it a second thought. Everyone joked about how relaxed I was through all the planning and everything that went wrong on the wedding day. Everything was great till they left me in the bride's room alone. It was the time I would have spent with my dad before he walked me down the aisle (he had died the year before while we were planning the wedding. The time was something we had asked for and never thought to cancel.) I don't think I was ever so happy to see my brother when he came to get me.

Our marriage is strong and there is no doubt that we will last.

mlanderson
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Did get have cold feet and was not scared or nervous. Marriage is great. We have been married for 23 years and can not imagine my life without him.

elle31106
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM
I didnt have cold feet at either wedding. One marriage did not work, and one marriage is fabulous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM

With my ex husband, I had cold feet, wanted to break up completely but figured it was "too late" to back out since we had a whole wedding planned. My mom was in the bride room with me BEGGING ME not to marry this man! LOL. yeah, we're divorced but  I got some great kids out of the gig!

Second time...I didn't do that "go from mom's house to husband" thing. We lived together almost 5 years before each of us got "commital" HAHAHA....and we're still happily married! No cold feet at all on that one. Just couldn't wait to celebrate being together!

jo.smith
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I didn't have cold feet, but was scared.  Even though I was scared, I still felt it was the right decision and it has worked out great so far.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

NO/ maybe    I did get violently ill. was sick for my entire honeymoon. I ended up in the hospital after it. Gastritis was my diagnosis. I am married 28 yrs in July.

***Gastritis can be caused by irritation due to excessive alcohol use, chronic vomiting, stress, or the use of certain medications such as aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs.

mom2sixnow
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM

My first marraige- I woke up the next morning and said.. I did but now I really dont.. and we were married 10 horrible years.. this time, I had cold feet a week before but its been a great marriage so far..

Mugglemom215
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I was so afraid everything went wrong that day My dress zipper ripped had to use safety My hair came out so big and all my stuff had the wrong names on it and I was late because limo got lost got there rabbi was l;ate My Pastor had an allergy attack sneezing  we finally got down to the vows and they called us the wrong names we just let it roll cannot fight fate we are still married 22yrs later  sometimes you just have to let it go and realize this is not going to be easy we still laugh over the day best was when we got to hall they had baby shower decorations they confused boxes It was a wedding no one forgot

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Not at all.  We had dated over 4 years and even though we were still young (22 and 23) it was time to get married. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)