Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey moms who has a messy teenage son?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:12 PM
  • 20 Replies

I have 2younger girls in the house my eldest son has left the nest my son 16 he is so messy even my husband cleans but my son is another story WOW! i mean my husband say sweetie calm down he's a boy he's young give him a chance he'll clean.Well if you clean your room like it's suppose to be cleaned you would not have to do certain things everyday.banging head into wall

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM

My 19 yo is messy.  She drives me nuts.  I am not super clean and neat either but she takes all her clean clothes upstairs and proceeds to just throw them on the floor and mix them up with dirty clothes and the cycle starts over again. 

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

its their room, they just better stay out of mine!!!

MistyBlueMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM

My 13 year old son is messy.I'd hate for anyone to see his room.I mean adults (his friends don't mind it a bit!) I was pretty messy as a teen.Then when I was in school one day,my mother went in my room and cleaned it.The room looked great.Everything all nice and neat,etc.But I threw a fit.She told me if I kept it clean myself then she wouldn't have to do it.So,I kept it nice and tidy after that.

Well,that didn't work with my son.He actually likes for me to go in there and clean and straighten up for him.I don't do it anymore.He's definitely at the age where he should know that "Mama" does not equal "Maid".If he wants to have a piggy room,then so be it! And if he insists on tossing his dirty clothes on the floor instead of in the hamper,they don't get washed, unless he does it himself.

Wyndi
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM

since mine have reverted to Toddler behaviors recently they are going to be treated as such..........

momofne
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Oh I hate when they do that!!!!!!

Quoting atlmom2:

My 19 yo is messy.  She drives me nuts.  I am not super clean and neat either but she takes all her clean clothes upstairs and proceeds to just throw them on the floor and mix them up with dirty clothes and the cycle starts over again. 

MrsBLB
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM

laughingRight? 

Quoting PurpleHazey:

its their room, they just better stay out of mine!!!

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM

The only reason I tolerate it IS because she does her own laundry, my other dd does her own, and dh does his own.  About a year ago I got sick or the way people around here complained so I went on permanent stike.  I LOVE only having to do my own.  I mean I LOVE IT!!!

Quoting momofne:

Quoting atlmom2:

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

MrsBLB
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM

rolling on floorLove it!

Quoting Wyndi:

since mine have reverted to Toddler behaviors recently they are going to be treated as such..........

MrsBLB
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I hear ya! 

Quoting atlmom2:

The only reason I tolerate it IS because she does her own laundry, my other dd does her own, and dh does his own.  About a year ago I got sick or the way people around here complained so I went on permanent stike.  I LOVE only having to do my own.  I mean I LOVE IT!!!

Quoting momofne:

Quoting atlmom2:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I have a messy teen dd. I must say at the years go by I am seeing more and more of her bedroom floor so maybe she's tired of living in a sty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)