Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best thing you ever did??

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

For me, I quit doing laundry about a year or so ago.  I got sick of everyone complaining or I shrunk this or that since they don't want things dried and I lost dh's socks. 

I finally just said "DO YOUR OWN" to all 3 of them.  I am in heaven.  I only have to do mine and keep track of my stuff.  They still have nerve to ask me where something is and I promptly tell them that I no longer touch clothes that are not mine so you need to blame yourself. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsBLB
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:59 PM

The kids do most of their own laundry.  I got tired of "where are my socks?"  Now, it's up to them to keep them together. 

parrishsky
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM

My dd does her own and my oldest is away in college. I am happy to do laundry for hubby and my middle son.  They do chores that I hate... kitty box and mopping. Hubby does 80% of the dishes.

.Lauren
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM
For me, choosing to keep my daughter after getting pregnant at 16
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Started taking "me" time on a daily basis.

NearSeattleMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Buying a nice high-capacity front-loading washer and dryer. 

ladyvamp5489
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM
The best thing i ever did in my life was Accept the Lord into my life and heart.
drfink
by Emily on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM

oh atlmom you are my hero.Saturday morning we are having a talk around here.I have a housekeeper but the kids are expected to take up their baskets ,hanging clothes and towel basket.It seems to be impossible for them to accomplish this without loosing stuff AND complaining.Happy dance -the times they are  a-changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Its wonderful.  No one can complain about laundry to anyone but themselves.  If they lost something, IF nothing is clean.  Its all on them, lol. 

Quoting drfink:

oh atlmom you are my hero.Saturday morning we are having a talk around here.I have a housekeeper but the kids are expected to take up their baskets ,hanging clothes and towel basket.It seems to be impossible for them to accomplish this without loosing stuff AND complaining.Happy dance -the times they are  a-changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Joined Cafemom.

momofne
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Same here. If we don't take care of ourselves no one else will!

Quoting mumsy2three:

Started taking "me" time on a daily basis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)