Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR 16 YEAR OLD OFF OF FACEBOOK

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hello!

We are still having issues with our 16 year old DD.  She had taken down her Facebook account last week.  Well, interestingly, it popped up again.  She will not take it down, claims someone hacked her account, blah, blah, blah... 

Does anyone know how or if I as a parent can get this taken down?

Thanks,

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:56 PM

If she keeps getting email addresses and making a new one there isn't much you can do.  Why don't you just monitor it.  What did she do on it before?  I know kids all the time that have facebooks their parents do not know about. 

Wyndi
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:56 PM

other than contacting FB and seeing if they will remove it not much you can do. She can just get another account with a new e-mail account.

LancesMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:29 PM

How is she getting on the acct? With a cell phone? Take it away. A computer? Put a site block on for Face book!

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Delete it, or take her computer.

madcrazymom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Take the computer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofne
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM

If you can't block it then take it away.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Delete it, or take her computer.

kathier
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Take away the computer. I am friends with all my kids on Facebook so I can see what they post.  They know that if I find something inappropriate or if they have a "secret" account that serious punishment is coming.  So far so good.  Good Luck

Sandyr911
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

How is she getting on the acct? With a cell phone? Take it away. A computer? Put a site block on for Face book!

Double de ditto!

ZBandMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Delete it, block it, take away computer or phone. 

Nikkinak
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I set up my DD FB account so that I have the password and she can't get on unless I ok it. Also by doing this I get emails and notifications when something or someone is posting to her acccount.

Just being friends with them on FB doesn't mean you see everything. There are settings that they can block individual people from seeing certain posts, so anything they don't want the parentrs to see, they just block the parent from that post.

I agree with the others though, you may have to take the computer or phone away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)