Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many went to Lowes for the free tree today

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyndi
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:17 PM

all the roads to Lowes from my apartment are flooded so I did not go.

Blasted Rain......... grrrrrrrrrr I'm stuck with only 1 road out and it leads to Wal Mart gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr

elle31106
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Almost everyone I know, went and got trees at Lowes today. I didnt though. I have 2 in my front yard and one in the back. That is plenty enough for me.

ZBandMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I did not go today because DH and I went to Lowes on Thursday and I was not going to travel over an hour to go back there just to get a tree. 

rush1234
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I forgot!  too busy getting ready for Easter & now I am pooped.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM

was going to but made and impromptu trip to Raleigh instead. 

jns131
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I talked to someone in Home Depot the other day. This was an actual orange jacket worker who told me he said no one smiles at Lowes. I could not agree more. If I know they have something I need? I go. If not I go to Home Depot. Lowes suck on customer friendliness. We got the best service in the world when we decided to build our deck. They walked us thru every step. So, we started with phase one. Post digging. What fun. If it ever stops raining we will level it out and pour cement. What can Home Depot build for you? Stay away from Lowes.

elle31106
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:57 PM
That surprises me because it is opposite here. I will only step foot in Home Depot if I absolutely have too. I love Lowes. Everyone at the store I go to is amazing. I have been using them for over 10 years without a single problem.

Quoting jns131:

I talked to someone in Home Depot the other day. This was an actual orange jacket worker who told me he said no one smiles at Lowes. I could not agree more. If I know they have something I need? I go. If not I go to Home Depot. Lowes suck on customer friendliness. We got the best service in the world when we decided to build our deck. They walked us thru every step. So, we started with phase one. Post digging. What fun. If it ever stops raining we will level it out and pour cement. What can Home Depot build for you? Stay away from Lowes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZBandMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I love Home Depot and Lowes!  

I don't know why people bag on one particular store and then make the assumption that ALL of them are that way. It's just not true.  Just because the customer service sucks at one store, that doesn't mean that all of the stores are that way. 

The customer service at both of the Lowes stores and the Home Depot store we go to are top notch.  The workers at all of them are very willing to help people with whatever needs they may have.  We went to Home Depot and Lowes on Thursday (they are side by side in the one town we go to) and the workers at both places were very friendly. They go above and beyond!  We try to go to both of them whenever possible so we can compare prices and compare merchandise.  Sometimes one store will have what the other doesn't have.  And since they are right beside each other, it makes it super easy to go from store to store!

When we remodeled our kitchen last summer, we purchased building supplies from both places.  We are extremely pleased with everything we got.  When we finally remodel our bathroom, we will do the same thing.

jns131
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Sounds like they need the business. Many problems with Lowes. No problems with Home Depot. They even cut wood for us at no charge. How is that for service? Lowes? Will not even if you need one. Lowes sucks.

Quoting ZBandMom:

I love Home Depot and Lowes!  

I don't know why people bag on one particular store and then make the assumption that ALL of them are that way. It's just not true.  Just because the customer service sucks at one store, that doesn't mean that all of the stores are that way. 

The customer service at both of the Lowes stores and the Home Depot store we go to are top notch.  The workers at all of them are very willing to help people with whatever needs they may have.  We went to Home Depot and Lowes on Thursday (they are side by side in the one town we go to) and the workers at both places were very friendly. They go above and beyond!  We try to go to both of them whenever possible so we can compare prices and compare merchandise.  Sometimes one store will have what the other doesn't have.  And since they are right beside each other, it makes it super easy to go from store to store!

When we remodeled our kitchen last summer, we purchased building supplies from both places.  We are extremely pleased with everything we got.  When we finally remodel our bathroom, we will do the same thing.

momof3angela
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Darn, I missed it :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)