Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love your family today they could be gone tommorrow

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

Love your family don't let petty differences get in the way of what is important.  Think how you would feel if the person were gone tommorrow would you have any regrets if so maybe you need to work things out, if possible. 

Life is to short to hate anyone understand you can't love anyone else until you 1st love yourself so work on that 1st.

I understand to those that were abused, try to forgive even if you can't forget because hate gets you no where and hurts you in the end.  You don't have to be around someone who abused you but try to forgive them so you can make peace with it and be able to heal.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyndi
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Thanks Ida, I lost my mother in 1997. after I came home from the funeral I found out she had been spreading lies and had stolen my identity. Because of her we lost everything we had worked for.

For myself, I have slowly forgiven her but I do know if WE had found out before she died I would have put her in jail.

Hi I'm Wyndi. I live in a small villiage in Ohio. I've met the Villiage Idiot and wish his villiage would come claim him.

sunny1961
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:32 AM

How true - the 27th will make 16 years since I lost my first husband...I still live with all the things I never got to say to him that would have made such a huge difference in his life, our life together, and the lives of our two children. It is true: You never know what tomorrow brings into, or takes out of your life!

MIMI127
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:48 AM
I lost my dad some 2mths now but was able to make peace on all grounds,am grateful I did. Set to do same with mum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 24, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Very true!

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM
I know. My dad died over 26 years ago from a heart attack. No regrets. I was married 4 months at the time. He was happy showing my pictures around. My mom died 3+ years ago. No regrets either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitamo
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 11:06 AM

This is true,but how about those ones you try to forgive, and you forgive them for the mistakes that affect your life soooo much and they keep doing the same things??It's like some people don't understand or don't want to understand that life is a two way road.you might feel stupid after forgiving so many times....

momof3angela
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Amen.......

02nana07
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I know my mother has done me so wrong all my life but I forgive her because I know if I don't it will only make me as miserable as she is.

Quoting Wyndi:

Thanks Ida, I lost my mother in 1997. after I came home from the funeral I found out she had been spreading lies and had stolen my identity. Because of her we lost everything we had worked for.

For myself, I have slowly forgiven her but I do know if WE had found out before she died I would have put her in jail.

02nana07
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I get my mother something for mothers day, her birthday and christmas and sometimes she sees me long enough to get it sometimes she doesn't but I won't regret not trying I will know I did my part to try and have a relationship  even though she never wanted kids and let me know every day I wouldn't be here if abortion were legal back then.  I know you can't love anyone else until you love yourself and she doesn't love herself. 

Quoting sunny1961:

How true - the 27th will make 16 years since I lost my first husband...I still live with all the things I never got to say to him that would have made such a huge difference in his life, our life together, and the lives of our two children. It is true: You never know what tomorrow brings into, or takes out of your life!

PosinourHarmony
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Most def true! I lost my grandmother November 19, 2010! She drove me crazy at times but no one loved me or any of the grandkids for that matter like she did!  She died of brain and breast cancer. She found out in October and died in November....so she didn't suffer.  When she got sick I made sure ta tell her that I loved her as much as I could. But sometimes I feel that it wasn't enough and I jus hope she died knowing that I love her so much! I love her more than life it's self. It's been hard and my family is falling apart wit out her! I LOVE YOU GRAM! July 16, 1944 ta Novmeber 19, 2010!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)