Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My daughter was kicked off the bus.....

Posted by on May. 10, 2011 at 6:45 AM
  • 21 Replies

Yep thats right kicked off for making noice, she was talking, this is the bus driver that tells the parents that the seat the kid was sitting in was cut and she believes that you son/daughter has done it. Although I do not see why kids need to act up on or even make noice on a five min bus drive, but common sence tells you they will. but lets be real 5 days off for talking! 

by on May. 10, 2011 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofne
by on May. 10, 2011 at 7:18 AM

I'd take it up with someone. How can they expect kids to not talk on a bus?

offrdngal
by on May. 10, 2011 at 7:21 AM

When my son first started riding the school bus, at his old school, the bus driver was always yelling at the kids for talking.  She was a bitch.  I had made a written complaint about her, even before Derek started riding the bus.  He was on her bus for only a couple of months and then she was fired or made to resign.

Quoting momofne:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 10, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Quoting momofne:

This. I'd call the transportation department at the school.

jo.smith
by on May. 10, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I would call transportation, but don't really expect anything to happen.  My DD's bus driver is crazy, and my numerous complaints have fallen on deaf ears.  There have been so many incidents on the bus it is amazing, but they continue to let her drive two routes a day.

starlight1968
by on May. 10, 2011 at 2:32 PM

me too I agree with both here.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting momofne:

This. I'd call the transportation department at the school.

lafewsion
by Member on May. 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Her bus ride is only five minutes. Perhaps she should be walking anyway??

AmyG1976
by on May. 10, 2011 at 2:50 PM

idk what to think really I mean if the adult in charge said no talking then your dd broke the rule the rule has a consequence maybe the driver needs it quiet to concentrate on the rd my dd had a bus driver go off rd causing kids to fall off there seats (7th and 8th graders) then the whole its only 5 min well jeez lol if its only 5 mins lets use that time for some exercise (walk)childhood obesity is getting way out of control. In the end I dont put my kids on school buses lol I know too many bus monitors (well before that axed that job again) that have horror stories after I started asking questions when my bff pulled her kid from the bus after working as a monitor and just so happened to notice the NO monitors kids rode the bus.. hummm 

earthangel1967
by on May. 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM

im sorry hugs

I have NEVER been on a school bus where there was NO talking at all.  Maybe bus driver is in the wrong profession

Join us on the Moms with Teens Group!   

YVONNE

Shellness
by on May. 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Thats horrible. Just talking! Could have at least moved her to the front seat. What ever happened to that?

tyfry7496
by on May. 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Maybe you weren't told the whole story. She could have been yelling and warned. She could have been talking inappropriate and warned. Poor choices have consequences and if the bus ride is only 5 minutes she should be walking anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)