Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ask first please.....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well last weekend my son wanted me to take him to go visit a girl. I barely had gas in my car to get through the week until pay day (crazy gas prices keep going up so I have to budget my non necessary driving). I had to say no.

So he goes behind my back and invites this young lady over today.... He forgot 2 things:1) ask first 2) Saturday is the day I go to the laundry mat and do laundry.

So he's on his last clean pair of jeans/ shirt. There is absolutely no way I'm going anywhere while he has a girl in the apartment.

I'm totally okay with him having friends over. I just wish he'd check and make sure its okay first. Laundry can be done either Saturday or Sunday. I'm pretty flexible with that.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mariC67
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Send him and his grirl to the laundramat...maybe he can impress her with his domestic skills lol

amonkeymom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Quoting mariC67:

Send him and his grirl to the laundramat...maybe he can impress her with his domestic skills lol

Hahaha!  Great idea!

Wyndi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Quoting mariC67:

lmao I would but he does not drive....... and I like my whites white not red or blue... He's been known to do that in the past.... I may make him fix dinner if she's still here. =)

drfink
by Emily on May. 21, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Yep we have the forget to ask issues also.I really love them inviting friends over or other plans but gee as hard as it is to believe sometimes parents have something planned ,a schedule to keep or any number of things that might interfere with social time.HORROR the world does not always revolve around the rugrats LOL they are generally really good kids but some days it is  NOT all about them ; )

oh gosh totally get the wanting the clothes to come out the original color they went in.Only for me the culprit was hubby when we were in grad school.Hmmmm I always wondered if he thought he could get out of his weeks to do laundry if he messed up.

Dinner sounds like a GREAT plan (and clean up too !!!)

tyfry7496
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:44 PM
He cooks dinner, cleans up and helps with laundry tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyndi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Hubby told hiim after she left, he's going to spend all day Sunday painting and doing things around the place that I was supposed to do Sunday with him since I have to do laundry and run some errands that I did not get to do yesterday......

Oh and the horror of horrors, he ended up playing with a 2 yr old neighbor and got tore up from playing with the 2 yr old.!!!!!!!!!! I'm mean like that...... =)

I told the girl and her mother that I don't mind her coming over through out the summer providing we don't have other commitments (DEP). And that under no circumstances can he go over to their house if no adults going to be there to supervise. This girls mother is on the same page as I am. Neither of us want teenage pregnancies.

I really like this girl, well mannered, and she took her dinner plate to the kitchen and rinsed it off!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)