• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, I have never been this mad at dd before...had to walk out and call MY mom!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

DD has been pushing and pushing and pushing ALL DAY! I worked last night until 6 am, went to bed at 8 am back up at 1:30 pm so some of my short fuse is due to lack of sleep on my part, but that's nothing new for me and have NEVER been this PISSED at her before!

She gave me lip about getting dressed (which then took 45 minutes and that is without a shower), Argued about having to do her chores (dishes and cleaning her room), gave a snotty attitude about dumping the old nasty bird food into the trash so I could wash the feeder, then refused to practice her song for tryouts in 2 weeks! She tried telling me she was practicing but I never heard one note come out of her mouth so made her come back upstairs where I noticed she didn't have the lyrics out (fyi, she BEGGED for vocal lessons and told us she WANTS to try out for a part at a local theatre). I asked her to print out new ones so she can learne the song, nothing but storming around and saying NO!

She "threatened" to call her dad, my response "Fine, go ahead so I can tell him how you've been!". Se stormed to her room and I alled her dad. He talked to her, after I explained how truely pissed I was. Guess what she listened to him and printed off the words! She made a loud bang in the kitchen, I told her to not bang things around (she had just walked to the table with her laptop to (maybe) actually practice. She spilled her water (which she's not aloowed to have around her computer) alll ove rthe table, chair and floor. She decided that she would throw the sopping wet paper towel in her hand IN MY FACE!

That was the final straw! I grabbed my cell phone and called MY mom before I literally started to beat my kids! I swear I have never been this agry with her, ever, in her entire life! I asked my mom to come pick her up before I start to beat her and let her know that it was a serious thought going in my head at the moment. Told her that I just can't have dd in my house right now. She was here in less than 30 minutes and it usually take just over that to get here! Seeing as I have never had those words come out of my mouth before, I think mom go how far my button was pushed.

Now as I'm typing this I feel like a bad mom for feeling this way about my own child. I swore I would never let myself get like that, especially after hearing about my mom's abusive childhood.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM
ALL parents have days like this and that's ok! I wouldn't push her practicing the song, let her learn when she doesn't get the part because she didn't practice. Try to calm down before talking to her. Learn to fight your battles. Don't feel so bad about snapping, been there done that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 5:45 PM

do not feel like a bad mom. She kept pushing and you disfused what could have been a brutal situation by calling your mom. Hopefully the time away from each other is just what you both need. Go take a bubble bath or a nap and try to relax Momma.

Tisha1115
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Thanks ladies, I am sitting her literally trying not to cry. I really wanted to take her and beat her with something, I swore I would never feel that way about my own kids. I actually had thought to ask her dad to come get her and just keep her away from me for a few weeks. She's been really moody all week (guess who's in been in town...her aunt F!) and today was my breaking point.

I think she finally got how far she pushed me when I was talking to my DH so he could calm me down.

jcm62497
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Like a previous poster said... I would let her face the consequences of not practicing the song.   Although ( of course she doesn't have to know this), but she can practice til the cows come home and still may not get the part she wants.  My daughter is very involved in musical theater and I have seen her not get parts when she practiced like crazy and I  have seen her get parts when she hardly practiced.  I know it's frustrating when you pay for voice lessons.  I have to say my daugher actually got better parts before she started voice lessons.

Wyndi
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Deep breath Mama. We all have days like this every so often. You did the right thing in calling someone to mediate/ remove her.

Auntie F is no excuse for being disrespectful. Yeah we all get moody, My son tiptoes through the house when DD and I have our visits. I still expect DD to be respectful and If I snap at DS cause I'm moody, I'll let him calm down then go appologize so a bad situation does not get worse.

Hugs and know you are not alone at all.

momofne
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I know I have!!! I agree about the song.

Quoting tyfry7496:

ALL parents have days like this and that's ok! I wouldn't push her practicing the song, let her learn when she doesn't get the part because she didn't practice. Try to calm down before talking to her. Learn to fight your battles. Don't feel so bad about snapping, been there done that!

PosinourHarmony
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Your not a bad mom at all! I know I've felt like beating my kids ta a half an inch of their lives before so everyone has those days. You also need ta learn ta pick and choose your battler...and the song is not one of them. If she doesn't wanna practice then fine....don't make her. She'll be sick when aduition time comes and she doesn't know the song and feels like an ass. It'll be ok mamma....jus calm down. Smoke a cigarette (if you smoke) or have a drink or something. It'll be ight....

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 22, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Don't feel like a bad mom, we've all been there. I agree with the moms who say don't stress about the song. Even though it's something she wants to do, if she refuses to practice then it's on her if she doesn't get the part.

Jerods_Wifey18
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:50 AM
All moms have these days. They SUCK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:59 AM

You did the right thing and called someone to come get her.  Maybe you guys need to talk it out when you are calm.  I agree with the others about her practicing her song

I think we ALL have days like this at some point ;)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)