Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Art Institute Alumni anyone?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

My daughter is looking to enroll in the Art Institute, the culinary arts in particular.  Is anyone here an alumni or did any of your kids attend?  I would love to hear your thoughts/opinions on the school.  Thank you!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:29 AM

What city?  I attended the Dallas one as did my bil (he took the culinary also at dallas).

FlyHippie
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:35 AM

My DH went to the one in Dallas, too...but for audio/video stuff.

rkoloms
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:15 AM

The Art Institiute doesn't have a culinary program.

That said, I can get your daughter in touch with alumni, and talk to her about life in Chicago. Send me a message offlist...

fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Quoting rkoloms:

The Art Institiute doesn't have a culinary program.

That said, I can get your daughter in touch with alumni, and talk to her about life in Chicago. Send me a message offlist...

Actually they do, they have 4 areas of study: design, fashion, media arts and culinary.  They aren't all available at all schools however.  So it depends on what school she's looking at whether it is available or not.

billssweety
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:32 AM

We are looking into the Sacramento one, we are 1 hour north of there.starlight1968 how was job placement?  Being near Sac and the Napa valley, along wth San Francisco we have some huge pluses, but with that said, so does Chicago, so how was job placement assistance?

starlight1968
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Quoting FlyHippie:

My DH went to the one in Dallas, too...but for audio/video stuff.

um really??? so did I!!  what years?  I was there from 87 and I think graduated in 90-91..can't remember but it was only a 2.5 yr course!

starlight1968
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Dallas DOES have Culinary.  My brother in Law graduated from it over a year ago. 

TO POSTER:  The one here in Dallas is very good.  My BIL had a job the whole time he was attending, got a really good one when he moved to Seattle (the schools try to link w/each other to help the kids find places in other states).  AND, when he got back here to Texas they moved to Austin and he now works at a up/coming place. 

It seems to be a respected degreed place to busi. as he's had no down time between jobs when moving really, even state to state.

amberdy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM

My dd gets info from them but isn't sure what she wants to do when she graduates.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 22, 2011 at 6:32 PM

My dd wants to go to culinary school.  Dad says she has to get a bachelors degree in business, then culinary school after if she is still interested. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)