• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think the economy is getting better?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM
  • 14 Replies

??????

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Not at all, atleast in Wisconsin it's not. Thousands of teachers losing their jobs in less than 2 weeks, factories closing and moving out of the country. Nothing new coming in. Not better here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Quoting tyfry7496:

Not at all, atleast in Wisconsin it's not. Thousands of teachers losing their jobs in less than 2 weeks, factories closing and moving out of the country. Nothing new coming in. Not better here.

I am with you everyone who has lost there jobs are now working for $8 and $9 an hour and that does not pay bills, but the positive note is they have a job!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I don't really.  I live in Wisconsin.  I think the state is just so screwed up it can never be repaired.  I have lived here 7 yaers and can't wait to move out.  Wisconsin is so expensive too.  Housing prices were inflated way too much.  Taxes are too high and they spend too much. 

starlight1968
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:21 PM

nope not here in Tx.  We've a local business that is taking jobs to Mexico...pissing off a lot of people.  Even our mayor is trying to talk them out of it.  My dh has been trying to find a permanent job for close to 3yrs now.  All he can get if he's lucky is part-time or short term consulting and it just pays the bills. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Do you really blame businesses for going overseas.  Govt. here has the highest tax rate for business in the world.  American workers want the world as far as salary and benefits.  Not always but a lot of the time.  Businesses are in business to make money.  If you can't make it in the US they go elsewhere.  It also makes things cheaper we buy every day.  Can you imagine many things costing 1 1/2 or 2 times as much maybe? 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Do you really blame businesses for going overseas.  Govt. here has the highest tax rate for business in the world.  American workers want the world as far as salary and benefits.  Not always but a lot of the time.  Businesses are in business to make money.  If you can't make it in the US they go elsewhere.  It also makes things cheaper we buy every day.  Can you imagine many things costing 1 1/2 or 2 times as much maybe? 

All I know is the cars we pay $25000 or more for over seas they are like $7000, yes businesses do have to make money but if you know about the great depression then you would know that fords cut their profit to pay their workers more and it brought the economy way up. Bussinesses are not going to lose any money the small people will have to pay, until the businesses start to cut a little into their pockets we are going to stay right were we are.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Little by little..yes.

Unemployment numbers dropping, albeit VERY slowly.

Job growth happening, but again, slowly.

This is not about to be a quick fix turnaround, but there are signs of economic growth.

amberdy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:19 PM
I don't think so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell81
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Quoting amberdy:

I don't think so.

~Shell~
Group Mod In Tween Titans  ~ Moms With Teens The Park Bench

MaggotMom
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Not even remotely. Unemployment figures tell me all I need to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)