Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Moms of tall teen girls

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 4:42 AM
  • 8 Replies

Do any of you have EXTRA TALL teen girls with BIG feet?  If so, where do you buy their clothes and shoes?  Lara is almost 5'11" and wears a size 11 shoe. She wears a ladies size 8 jeans.  She is only 13 so more growing is still possible according to the pediatrician.  Websites would be useful, too. THANK YOU!

by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Michele-w3
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 4:58 AM

Payless usually has a good selection of shoes in size 11 and up.  My dd is well on her way to being an extra tall teen girl with big feet.  She's 11 and already 5'6" wears a size 10 shoe and size 4 in womens clothes. 

Does your dd like being tall?  My dd LOVES it and is constantly begging me to buy her high heals.  I don't let her but only because I don't think an 11 yr old needs to be wearing high heals.  I do buy her shoes with tiny wedges and she's happy with that at the moment.

plclemo
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 6:34 AM

No high heels for her.  She is already 6" taller than most of the children in her class (Boys included and some of her teachers even).  She said she feels "wobbly" on them.  Yes, except for the difficulties finding dresses that are long enough, shirt sleeves that either come to her mid-upper arm (short sleeves) or her wrist (long sleeves), she likes being tall.  Jeans and pants are not a problem for some reason.  Finding a one-piece bathing suit for church camp this August is proving to be a challenge since her height is really in her torso.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 28, 2011 at 9:22 AM

I should asked my neighbor.  Her dd is 8th grade, 6 ft 1 and wears a 12 size shoe.  I have the opposite problem.  My 17 yo is 4 ft 10. 

momof3angela
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM

HERE....my DD wears a size 10 and is 5'9"...not as tall as your DD but still had to go out of our way at times to get jeans for her.  Plus she is between a size 2-4.  She get's most of her jeans from American Eagle.  Shoes.....anywhere she can get them in her size...lol    She orders a lot of them online.

Joan35
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:04 AM
I've found amazon.com to be my lifeline as only the Internet has shoes I can regularly find to fit my daughter's feet. She's currently wearing size 13 and I don't expect her to stop growing anytime soon.

When she first hit puberty, I found it best to buy a few pairs of flip flops. They are cheap and she could still wear them for a while even after her feet got too big to fit into them. Shoes for volleyball can be a pain as sports shoes can be a bit pricier and it can be a hassle if your girl keeps outgrowing them as mine did.

Just try to find bargains online and hope your girl doesn't rip out of too many pairs of shoes before her head is bumping on the top of door frames.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmother5946
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:25 AM
My DD is 13, almost 5'11 and wears a 12-13 shoe. I ordered her some shoes from Barefoot Tess online. They have a really good selection. Prices are ok. I buy her basketball and volleyball shoes at a sporting goods store, men's dept.

MB13
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I wear a size 12 shoe and I get my tennis shoes in the men's department.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Robby Len makes long torso swimwear. I get it at  TJ Maxx or Marshalls. There is also a site called longtallsally.com that carries tall suits. Lands end carries shoes, bathing suits and pants in talls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)