Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My house My rules

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

Is that the way your house hold runs with your teens? Do you have that rule that if it happens under your roof or with your children its YOUR business? What do your teens think about those rules?

Thats our policy. And our teens have NO issues with it. They know thy can hide NOTHING  from us. And in return they get to have cell phones and face books.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Wyndi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Around here its our house, our rules and those rules apply to all teens than come here as I expect my kids to follow the rules at their friends homes as well as follow our rules where ever they go. Hence they are allowed to go visit friends, have friends over, cell phones, and computer priviledges.

gabyangy
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:58 AM

That is so us.  We tell them you like having a nice phone, nice room, whatever new electronics that come out than in our house you follow our rules.  Don't like it you can move to your grandparents house.  (My dad their grandfather is always bitching about something all the time plus they don't turn on their AC all the time) 

luckysevenwow
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM

My house my rules, very few are set in stone, almost everything can be discussed, I try to take what they say into consideration but at the end of the day the decision is mine.

plclemo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Same in our house - when she starts paying for her own room and board in her own apartment then and only then will it not be "our house, our rules".  But that's a LONG time from now as she is only 13.

XtremeCheerMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:42 AM

It will always be "my house, my rules."  I tell both of my kids that when they are living at home they abide by our rules and if they don't like it they can have a different rule WHEN THEY MOVE OUT!  My oldest is about to move out on her own for the first time to go to college so she's about to learn about the real world and she is slowly learning that things aren't as easy as she thought.  She thought life wasn't fair living at home sometimes????  ha ha.  In fact, she was just denied for her "dream" apartment because her boyfriend has a bad reference from when he lived in student housing with 3 roommates year before last.  Not fair?  get over it!

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Yes, our rules under our roof do apply to all who enter....lol

PosinourHarmony
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My house my rules, very few are set in stone, almost everything can be discussed, I try to take what they say into consideration but at the end of the day the decision is mine.

This! I always try and let them plead their cases. But whatever I say is the law!

Wyndi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM

We are willing to listen to their opinions but some rules were not bent for Christine and they won't be bent for John....

Quoting PosinourHarmony:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

This! I always try and let them plead their cases. But whatever I say is the law!

If you’re not being treated with love and respect, check your "Price Tag" perhaps you have marked yourself down. It's "you" who tells people what your worth by what you accept. Get off the "Clearance Rack" and get behind the glass where they keep all the VALUABLES.. Bottom line is..VALUE yourself more! Repost if you like..you might help someone get off the CLEARANCE RACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)