Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD broke up with her boyfriend. She is so very happy!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM
  • 2 Replies

My 17 yo went to prom with this kid.  She didn't really like him but a few weeks later they started going out.  He was a senior last year and she is this year.  So fast forward over 3 months later to now.  I am sure he was pressuring her to have sex which she refuses.  My 20 yo wouldn't have sex with her boyfriend in HS either but he didn't pressure her. 

Another thing is that his parents moved to Iowa a month ago and I couldn't understand why he was staying here and going to community college.  Well, last week he informed her he was staying her only because of my dd.  That turned her off and she was appauled that was his only reason.  She looked at colleges and he said to her "what will happen to us next year when you go to colllege out of state".  She was overwhelmed because her plan was never to still be with him next summer.  I can't believe how kids today think SO long term in HS etc.  Anyway, the past couple days her personality has been so much more lighter and she is so happy.  I am very glad they broke up.  His pressuring her wasn't going to stop and she wasn't giving in to him.  He is moving to Iowa this weekend so its over and done and we are happy campers in our house.  Don't get me wrong, he is a super nice polite kid.  Just not for my dd though. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
02nana07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Just wondering did she make him think there was more to their relationship because at that age most do get serious. 

Please tell her for the future let the guy know up front she isn't serious it could save them both some heartache in the future. 

Glad she didn't give in to the pressure I hope she finds the right one when she is ready.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Quoting 02nana07:

Just wondering did she make him think there was more to their relationship because at that age most do get serious. 

Please tell her for the future let the guy know up front she isn't serious it could save them both some heartache in the future. 

Glad she didn't give in to the pressure I hope she finds the right one when she is ready.

She liked him after a while.  Sorry, but no sex from my girls and they don't lead boys on that way.  I wish they didn't have sex on their mind 24/7.  They don't get it from my girls.  I don't think she led him on at all.  She never said but I think he was putting more and more pressure for sex and she was totally turned off, and turned off by the fact he was looking for something LONG term.  I don't think at 17 or 18 anyone should be looking for someone to marry even though dh and I started dating at 18 and 19.  ITs too young to be too serious.  Just my theory. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)