Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Bathroom Project

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

Turned out to be a night mare. I ended up stepping through the floor (thankfully I had a throw rug down so I only have a small cut on my leg above the ankle).

Well Bill started in on it Sunday morning and realized it would need to be professionally done. The main floor joist (its a double one) is rotted through, the shower has dropped 6 inches and the partial wall is detached from the floor.

My landlords are up at Lake Erie for the month, finally got hold of them and they had a guy out here today to do an estimate. Tomorrow at 7:30 am he'll be back to fix it.

Tomorrow night we'll be up laying the tile down I dread the area's around the water heater, since that will be a pain to move around as it sits in a corner.

Then I'll need to get new trim and paint. I really hate the paint in there beige paint on the walls. YUCK!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/PushMe  are you needing motivation to get things done? follow me to the Motivators group.  We'll help you get organised, motivate you to lose weight, help you be the person you want to be. Just tell them Wyndi sent you.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amberdy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM

You are doing all this work in a rental???  Good luck.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Good luck on your project. I want to repaint my bathroom. I have the colors picked out I just need the motivation to do it :)

Wyndi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Quoting amberdy:

You are doing all this work in a rental???  Good luck.

100% reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses. the landlords called a company to come in and do the major repairs, since we had already bought the tile, I'll be getting it reimbursed at the end of the month.

Also she will pay for the paint for the bathroom since we just painted in there prior to moving in.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/PushMe  are you needing motivation to get things done? follow me to the Motivators group.  We'll help you get organised, motivate you to lose weight, help you be the person you want to be. Just tell them Wyndi sent you.

MrsBLB
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Good luck!    : ) 

NearSeattleMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Oh, what a nightmare!

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM

goodness ,glad it was a mild injury.Your land lord is lucky to have you ,she is getting all this work done for material cost .Very lucky  ; )

PosinourHarmony
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

O my....that sounds awful! I'm glad your ok. They gonna be able to fix it in one day?

Wyndi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Quoting drfink:

goodness ,glad it was a mild injury.Your land lord is lucky to have you ,she is getting all this work done for material cost .Very lucky  ; )

She had to hire someone to come in and fix the floor joists, level the floor ~ all the fun stuff.

We are just laying the tile that I picked out.

I also will get a break on the rent for doing the labor. hehehehe. every little bit helps. LOL

Wyndi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Quoting PosinourHarmony:

O my....that sounds awful! I'm glad your ok. They gonna be able to fix it in one day?

they said they'll be out of here by lunch tomorrow with a 7:30 am start time. Works for me except we only have 1 bathroom. LOL. So no coffee for me in the morning. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)